Had enough!!!

aowen7a

Reaction score
Well I am now on my 5th droid-1 from Verizon!!!

phones-
1+4. physical keyboard issue and touch keyboard issue ie. buttons did not work or worked but stuck and put in 3-25 of the same letter with 1 button push.

2+3. physical keyboard ie. the glue on the back of the rubber matting on the keyboard with the numbers/letter/and signs on it the glue gave up and the matting started to pull away from the rest of the phone.

btw- I've only had the 4th phone now since the 7th of this month August

I'm really not rough on my phones at all they always have a case on them and they are always kept where they wont get beat up. So it's not an issue with the way im treating the phones AT ALL!

I'm not some random scab out to get the latest and greatest but I've about had enough! I understand at first hey the phones were new i bought mine brand new when they first came out.But, by now all these "small issues" should have been repaired and fixed on the phones!

I call verizon today to ask what they can do if theres any way i can get a new phone and they refuse to give me anything but another droid-1 they say that is what the manufacturers warranty is for. Well this one came from the manufacturer, and I'm still having these issues in very short periods of time! I just want something else I've truly had enough I just want to be done with this phone!!!

Has anyone ever gone through this, and has anyone ever gotten a different brand of phone out of it or am I just truly ****ed and I have to live with it or buy a new phone on my own?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, since they're not selling the phone any more I guess you got the bottom of the barrel. Since you're still within your 30 days just return the phone. Get a Droid 2 or Droid X.

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
Wow, since they're not selling the phone any more I guess you got the bottom of the barrel. Since you're still within your 30 days just return the phone. Get a Droid 2 or Droid X.

This isn't the case I bought the phone brand new when they came out back whenever! and now the 30 days is WAY over so they're telling me there is nothing they can do but give me a refurb. and thats what the last 3 have been! they are JUNK! I've had enough!

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Kinda ridiculous. After so much you'd think they'd give you a new one for your trouble. I say cause a riot till they give you a new Droid or a different phone.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see. I thought you just got the phone. Yeah, short of causing a riot (or being nice) I'm not sure what you could do. Try another refurb. It sounds like you've just had bad luck. My droid 1's been wonderful.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Write a letter to corporate. Be polite and clearly state your issue.

Might be surprised with the results.

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
Write a letter to corporate. Be polite and clearly state your issue.

Might be surprised with the results.

Called Corporate earlier explained the problem they sent me to the "tech help" told them the problem. The tech said sorry only thing we can do is give you another "refurb" and i told her no i dont want another "refurb" i want a new one. this was politely, at that time she said "sorry sure but this is why the manufacturer has a warranty on their phone". i said "well there is a lemon clause on cars why not on phones! she said they offer a 1yr warranty and thats all she could offer

i requested to speak with her supervisor it took him 30 minutes to answer the request and at that time he said the same thing she did either i get a refurb,i call Assurion, or i call motorola themselves and explain the issue. i said at that time the i was done and that if something wasnt fixed that i was taking my plan else where!

my family has been with Verizon since they started pretty much my mom had like the first "phone" ever lol i think somewhere around 10yrs? and we have myself,my sisters phone,moms,dads, and grandmothers phone all on a plan! 4 out of 5 phones have data packages of $30 each!

i find this ridiculous that they wont honor a simple request!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The call center has rules that they have to follow so they don't go giving out free phones willy-nilly. If you write a letter, and you explain your situation politely, you might get a new phone out of the deal...probably a Droid 2.

If that doesn't work, go for the refurb. You've had horrible luck so chances are the next one will be fine.

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
The call center has rules that they have to follow so they don't go giving out free phones willy-nilly. If you write a letter, and you explain your situation politely, you might get a new phone out of the deal...probably a Droid 2.

If that doesn't work, go for the refurb. You've had horrible luck so chances are the next one will be fine.

I really dont have time for all this! I really dont have time being in the military getting ready for pre-mob and now my phones being ****ing retarded and i've got a pregnant fiance! this is not gonna work or be pretty in the end if all goes loose ill turn the pregnant girl on them lol

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
Have your wife write the letter, for sure.

I just feel that a letter truly wouldnt get read maybe its me but i feel it would get looked at like hhmm w/e **** this guy hope he buys a new droid-x from us!

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
There are stories of people writing letters and getting new phones. Worth a shot!

I guess so I mean I can send one from my military email lol see if that sparks anything lol

OP
A

aowen7a

Reaction score
i mean where would i even email this too?
lol

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moto Customer Service Contact

Support Login (Email)

Call Us

Motorola Corp.
600 N. Highway 45
Libertyville, IL 60048

Personally, I would shoot for the snail mail option. Taking the time to write a letter and mail it to corporate will get more attention. Emails are filtered, and in most cases, they will reply with a canned message, and never be read by a live person. Worst case scenario, you are out $0.42, and you know you tried.