Had enough!!!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i know this thread is old, but my phone broke with the update and i tried to get a different phone and the guy was like no. i talked to his supervisor and told him i will just switch to sprint, but apparently he didnt really care. this is ridiculous. i'm going to call motorola and see if they'll give me an x. if not i'll try vzw one more time. i guess i'll just actually ask to talk to someone to end my account, but if they do it, my bluff is ruined and i'm done for.

the supervisor i talked to assured me there is no possible way for him to get me a different phone

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
....there was a time when I supported blackberries, and before that cellphones. A good ha day was having only four hours of documented calls. There is however a term I passed on to the guy who took over for me as duties were reassigned, REP SURFING. You learn to tell if reps care or not by tone of voice. Results vary by experience of the employees. You can tell! Perhaps

That history divulged as a past supporter of device issues/billing (400 devices roughly) of my firms devices. The problem is when the new toys come out people act crazy, assert imaginary issues are happening and you are unable to duplicate them. Usually having me being the first line of refusal on the spot internally to replace. In your case and those below from the past....shhhesh...no help.

I am not a fan of refurbish because its not fair you are not disclosing the repaired issue. Not fair. Want my hard earned cold cash and get it? Then you better provide service.

My tactic was if I saw say you were wasting my time, and I was nearing repeat of my story say third time, I was going to tech support, then to their supervisor, then when the results were not productive there, while on hold I was surfing webpages like this for fixes or plotting my savvy retaliation to know other same type of device problems. Your approach is your reward. You need what? A working device, your device does not because....you read or overheard someone else at lunch talk about a replacement for their issue like yours, why not you? What person needs to hear your story? The treatment is not what you expected...one of my ffffffavorite lines came from an officer of my current provider before corporate moved to my area with the name change, "Those boys on the East coast do not care about your metropolitian business here, they want you added to their numbers to make them look stronger." Well six years later they bought in to our market....My opinion is you caught the people dealing with chaos, rep surf, hold your ground, tell them like it is...no bluff, no threats...good luck.

tktouch12

Reaction score
+1 for rep surfing!!!!!!!

i called again today and didnt even have to ask to talk to a manager. the lady who helped me this time right away agreed that she should send me a different phone. but since i wanted to make it easier for her i agreed to get a refurb incredible without a battery (i'm going to buy an exteded one anyway). she was so nice too, i didnt have to be a jerk either.
i'm going to call corporate or someone and just let them know how helpful she was.

tktouch12

Reaction score
ya, she was the nicest rep i've ever talked to, i guess i just got lucky. but i have to buy a charger and battery and stuff since i didnt want to be too demanding