Gta iii

Zregnier

Reaction score
Anyone get this to work? Changelog says its compatible with Bionic but market won't let me download it. I'm running latest Th3ory ROM with .893 OTA.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
It downloaded ok for me. Im rooted with the .893 OTA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
Not compatible for me as well. For those who have downloaded it, does it run very well on bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

TylerDurden

Reaction score
It works great for me so far. I've only played three or four missions but haven't had any problems. I had originally downloaded it when it first hit the market and didn't know it wasn't compatible with Bionic so after it kept failing I uninstalled it. I kept an eye on it for updates and after reading they had made it compatible with Bionic I reinstalled it and it works great.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on this being fixed anytime quickly. I've been in contact with the devs, sent them a screenshot of the market error, a copy of my build.prop (thinking it was related to .901), all of the versions in my About screen, and a laundry list of suggestions as to how they should fix it.

I keep getting canned responses, and when I follow up somebody emails me back asking for things i've already provided them. With the build.prop, about screen, AND the knowledge that I have a Verizon Wireless Droid Bionic, they couldn't figure out that I was located in the USA.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Really wish I could download this....honestly ill pay full price after the 29th if it will work fine!

deduct

Reaction score
How is this compatible with some bionics and not with others?

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Good question! All I can think is being on different roms? I got the 5.5.893 update and installed eclipse 2.0...maybe that's my problem

Spartans_08

Reaction score
well i just restored back to 886 stock, and the market let me download it, but its just at a blank screen when i open it, im gonna try some other things...least i got it purchased and stuff! Ill keep all u posted

deduct

Reaction score
Interesting. Good to know. Guess if i can ever figure out how to revert back i'll give it a try.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Interesting. Good to know. Guess if i can ever figure out how to revert back i'll give it a try.

I used the r3l3as3ed root, option 1 and went back to 886 then rerooted...im installing the OTA right now to see if that helps with the game, u can find that one click i used in the theory rom section in this forum

Spartans_08

Reaction score
ok, the game is now downloading the additional files it needs after i installed the 5.5.893 OTA...seems weird but its working so far

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I AM on a stock Bionic, although I am running the "accidental" OTA - 5.9.901

The thing is, i've provided them what they need to fix this, and they are being extremely slow to do anything about it.

I ended up pulling the APK off of my Dell Streak and adb installing it to my Bionic. I'm not giving up .901 for Rockstar's convenience. Also running the GTA3.set file from the Streak, so my graphics are much improved.