gs3 very slow and lag issues

ghawi

Reaction score
Hi. Currently its been lagging a lot and very slow. I dont have any apps opened in the background. I tried almost everything I can find online. If I want to open whatsapp it takes about 5 seconds maybe more and the lag between going back home is too much.
Help

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well if it wasn't lagging before than it's not an issue of making the phone faster since there's something slowing it down.

For something like this, I'd suggest either a factory data reset or going through and uninstalling any apps you might think cause it or notice running a lot. But an FDR is probably best.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say Root, and breath some fresh air into your device, you will be amazed how all that Verizon and Samsung bloatware effects the performance of the phone, Root and set yourself free.

phil72

Reaction score
I've found even just a restart helps speed things up, when typing I'd get letter's holding till the opposite symbol etc. would pop up in just turned my S3 off and on and it worked great for another couple weeks. Some people leave there phone on 24/7 and it just gets tired a bit, but restarting mine helped not sure it's going to be what fixes yours but try it out maybe it'll be good enough till you find the problem and proper course of action to take to fix it!

OP
G

ghawi

Reaction score
I have restarted, removed the batter, deleted photos, videos, apps, still the same.
A new issue popped up now, when im getting cals the screen is black at first 5-7 seconds then the name shows.

Also, when I have the speaker on and its on the table while talking, the speaker is off and I would havd to click on the speaker to use again

Im a very medium usuer. I dont play games that require lots of power and color. Its only one word game that I play and use whatsapp a lot.

I get lots of emails but dont think that should be a problem.

As for rooting I dont have a pc at home and at work everything is restricted ( work policy)

I am really afraid that the phone will die on me one day lol.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I really recommend a FDR by now. The Play store should back up your currently installed apps and you can set it to automatically re-install them after, but you'll have to organize everything again. But if it means fixing your lag issue, it's probably worth it...

phil72

Reaction score
I agree K1ngr4t that's his best bet now it'll probably help as could've deleted a file needed etc. and I backed mine up and had no problems getting all my apps etc. back on my phone!

OP
G

ghawi

Reaction score
Ok. Ill try fdr after I backup everything. Thanks

debrad0307

Reaction score
Have you accepted the new software update? I bekieve it's 4.1.2. That should help speed things up so I've been told. I'm running 4.1.2 on a custom rom and I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my Synergized S3