Talk about a slow phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadav64

Reaction score
WOW !!!
No words can describe how mad I am for wasting so much money on this phone.
Simply put this is the choppiest/laggy phone I have ever used.
On the main screen whenever I scroll through pages I lag,when I open the menu I lag,When I scroll in the menu I lag and quite honestly I'm starting to think that my unit is defective.
Every time I Factory reset because maybe the problem was and is with me for downloading from the market so harmful apps but nope after every time I factory reset it's still very slow.

I'm really disappointed because this phone had so much potential but the lags are killing everything.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely not normal.

Would factory reset and download one app at a time and watch for the lag to show up. An app that isn't compatible with ICS could definitely cause major issues, especially a launcher of some sort.

If the problem remains after a factory reset I would definitely get a replacement.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Even after a factory reset, your previously installed apps will automatically reinstall. So, I'm guessing you have some rogue app causing the problem. Perfectly smooth scrolling screens, and everything else here, and I have over 40 apps installed.

Last edited:
OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Even after a factory reset, your previously installed apps will automatically reinstall. So, I'm guessing you have some rogue app causing the problem. Perfectly smooth scrolling screens, and everything else here, and I have over 50 apps installed.

Nope I can assure you that when I have factory reseted I started from clean.
I've read on the internet and this lag isn't something new but I simply cant enjoy my phone because it lags so much.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Something is wrong with that phone. I'd try another. I have no lag at all..ever.

hookerdj

Reaction score
uninstall your apps and figure it out from there this phone is by far not laggy

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong ?
And to whom would I contact if I think my unit is defective ?

how about a list of apps you're using? if you sync with appbrain, you can just post a link to share what apps u have.

shanimal92

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong ?
And to whom would I contact if I think my unit is defective ?

either youre doing something wrong, or your device is defective. Take it back to where you got it.

PS - "youre doing it wrong" is a meme. not to be taken literal

pyro6128

Reaction score
Haha at first I thought the op was just making a joke and i was amused. Then I saw he was serious, and just got sad for him

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Haha at first I thought the op was just making a joke and i was amused. Then I saw he was serious, and just got sad for him

Reading your comment I understand you have a blazing fast nexus ?

pyro6128

Reaction score
Reading your comment I understand you have a blazing fast nexus ?

Yup sure do. If yours is slow its defective. You need to return that bad boy. I wouldn't hold onto a defective product (just ask my first transformer prime). Also make sure you're on version 4.0.3, its faster than 4.0.2

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're right in saying that even when you do a factory reset, as soon as your gmail account is linked it will automatically download all of your previous apps.

If you have absolutely zero apps on your phone and your 100% sure and it's still lagging, then return it for another Nexus at the store you bought it from.

As we've said, that type of lag is not normal under any circumstances for this device.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Yup sure do. If yours is slow its defective. You need to return that bad boy. I wouldn't hold onto a defective product (just ask my first transformer prime). Also make sure you're on version 4.0.3, its faster than 4.0.2

My nexus is pretty darn fast no lag. On version 4.0.2 . Its 4.0.3 an official release? Or do i need to root?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.