Talk about a slow phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Yeah, why would you use an LTE/CDMA in a predominantly GSM area? Am I missing something here?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mikejl

Reaction score
Here is a video on Lag Comparisons. It can also be found on Droid Forum's hope page. Originally posted by Cereal Killer.

If this is what you're seeing then there is nothing wrong with your GNex.

[video=youtube;J6oWDLk31EQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J6oWDLk31EQ#t=0s[/video]

Mike

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Here is a video on Lag Comparisons. It can also be found on Droid Forum's hope page. Originally posted by Cereal Killer.

If this is what you're seeing then there is nothing wrong with your GNex.

[video=youtube;J6oWDLk31EQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J6oWDLk31EQ#t=0s[/video]

Mike

I have that lag but I also have this weird type of lag as if the phone is having a hard time loading the next page.
I only have this when i scroll through the main menu and on the other(black) menu.

Creed

Reaction score
Download another launcher and see if that resolves your problems. No rooting required.

Also, please just post a video - I almost don't believe you as what you are saying is so different from what everyone else is experiencing + you keep speaking about high expectations and how great iPhones are. I am not saying you are a troll but I have my doubts.

CypriotX

Reaction score
The only lag i have is on the recent calls list... and not so much lag, but its not so smooth like in other apps... and just some lag in some websites... i think its normal

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Download another launcher and see if that resolves your problems. No rooting required.

Also, please just post a video - I almost don't believe you as what you are saying is so different from what everyone else is experiencing + you keep speaking about high expectations and how great iPhones are. I am not saying you are a troll but I have my doubts.

Sure I just made a video but I must say that the lag isn't that obvious but you see more or less what I'm talking about.
I shot it with an Ipad 2 and so now I'm converting it to 1080P.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
Download another launcher and see if that resolves your problems. No rooting required.<br>
<br>
<br><br>Sure I just made a video but I must say that the lag isn't that obvious but you see more or less what I'm talking about.<br>I shot it with an Ipad 2 and so now I'm converting it to 1080P.<br>

jedi380

Reaction score
In "Settings -> Developer Options" is the "Don't keep activities" option checked or unchecked?

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I think I see the word troll

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure I just made a video but I must say that the lag isn't that obvious but you see more or less what I'm talking about.<br>I shot it with an Ipad 2 and so now I'm converting it to 1080P.

In your video what you call "lag" are simply the animations used to transition screens, it's not lag.

You can disable the animations by going to settings>developer options>window animation scale/transition animation scale and select Animation Off for both of these settings.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw that video he posted...

Like I said before...when I had the G Nex a laggy phone wasnt the issue. If thats considered laggy.... I must like lag then. Or our ideas of laggy are totally different.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In your video what you call "lag" are simply the animations used to transition screens, it's not lag.

You can disable the animations by going to settings>developer options>window animation scale/transition animation scale and select Animation Off for both of these settings.
And with that helpful tip that should help you, but your phone is functioning normally. If you consider the animations to be lag that'll help it. If you still think it's laggy after that then sorry, that's about as good as the phone gets in stock form.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Where is his video? I only see cereal killers...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

wolfman4u

Reaction score
He posted it in another thread. Think he got laggy and snappy mixed up.. Go see the video

Status
Not open for further replies.