Greetings

ParaGod

Reaction score
Hello All! Just bought my Droid yesterday and I should receive it Monday 1/4. I have had smartphones in the past. "Sprint PPC-6700". I stopped using it when it broke for the 4th time lol. Since then I have used basic cellphones.

I decided to go back and get a smartphone due to the fact that I work on an ambulance for 12 hours a day, which means that I sit in an ambulance waiting for a 911 call for the entire shift. So I need a phone that I can check email, listen to books/music and surf the net.

Since I did not want to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone I waited for Verizon to get one and here I am :).

I am pretty computer savvy but not smartphone savvy so I will be doing alot of reading here to see what is the best apps to use and how to get the most out of my phone.

One last note, I want to make this phone an all in one media center. I ride motorcycles alot and want to decrease the items I have to carry, which means using my phone as an mp3 player and a gps. I hope this phone will do the trick.

Other than that I am glad I found this forum.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello All! Just bought my Droid yesterday and I should receive it Monday 1/4. I have had smartphones in the past. "Sprint PPC-6700". I stopped using it when it broke for the 4th time lol. Since then I have used basic cellphones.

I decided to go back and get a smartphone due to the fact that I work on an ambulance for 12 hours a day, which means that I sit in an ambulance waiting for a 911 call for the entire shift. So I need a phone that I can check email, listen to books/music and surf the net.

Since I did not want to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone I waited for Verizon to get one and here I am :).

I am pretty computer savvy but not smartphone savvy so I will be doing alot of reading here to see what is the best apps to use and how to get the most out of my phone.

One last note, I want to make this phone an all in one media center. I ride motorcycles alot and want to decrease the items I have to carry, which means using my phone as an mp3 player and a gps. I hope this phone will do the trick.

:welcome: to the Droid army! Take a look around you'll quickly find the answers you need. If not post and someone around here will be glad to help.

As far as your needs go. The droid will do all you need and do it all vry very well. Have a nice day :)

boatman2220

Reaction score

Welcome, check here Droid Audio / Video - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum and here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...icial-motorola-droid-ringtones-thread-13.html