GPS navigation

jbuchers

Reaction score
I just got my phone a week ago, and haven't gotten acquainted with all the features yet... but when I tried to use the GPS function, it showed the maps, but didn't give me an option for voice navigation. Is that an option? Also, different questions, when you use the car home page and the voice search, is that a billable event?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
There are no "extra" charges associated with using the Droid (besides the $30 unlimited data plan) unless you choose purchase apps.

GPS nav is completely free. There are a few ways to initiate a navigation session. 1) you can use the voice search function and say "navigate to blah blah" and the navigation menu will pop up. 2) from maps, you can find your destination (long press to make the address appear) and then press the address and navigation will come up as an option.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no "extra" charges associated with using the Droid (besides the $30 unlimited data plan) unless you choose purchase apps.

GPS nav is completely free. There are a few ways to initiate a navigation session. 1) you can use the voice search function and say "navigate to blah blah" and the navigation menu will pop up. 2) from maps, you can find your destination (long press to make the address appear) and then press the address and navigation will come up as an option.

This reply covers it. I will add that I've used the GPS/Navigation several times and it is awesome. I like it better than the one that came with my RX350.

Enjoy!