App question: Google Maps Navigation on Samsung Galaxy Centura

Deadlykris

Reaction score
I recently switched from my Verizon Droid 3 to a Samsung Galaxy Centura on Straight Talk. I can't seem to use Google Maps Navigation on the new phone - the option in Google Maps is completely missing, and there is no listing for the Navigation app in the new phone. Is there something I can do to fix this? I've downloaded a couple GPS apps but their navigation is inferior to Google Maps, they want to send me 5 miles out of the way on my drive home (they use "Open Maps" or whatever it's called).

So how do I get Google Maps Navigation back, or how do I get these GPS apps to use Google's maps? Or am I stuck with this?

Sanchezkk

Reaction score
I recently switched from my Verizon Droid 3 to a Samsung Galaxy Centura on Straight Talk. I can't seem to use Google Maps Navigation on the new phone - the option in Google Maps is completely missing, and there is no listing for the Navigation app in the new phone. Is there something I can do to fix this? I've downloaded a couple GPS apps but their navigation is inferior to Google Maps, they want to send me 5 miles out of the way on my drive home (they use "Open Maps" or whatever it's called).

So how do I get Google Maps Navigation back, or how do I get these GPS apps to use Google's maps? Or am I stuck with this?

Isn't Androids with the Google OS have Navigator by default?