GPS/Navigation ?? help

torokfam

Reaction score
Searched for answers but found none. Forgive me if its been covered before. Is there a way to switch from " North UP " to Trac UP. All my other GPS are set up so that the way im traveling is at the top of the screen and this is confusing me on my D2. Thanks Mike

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nav app already does this

Maps will do this if you select the top rightmost icon

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
I can get it to work in maps just like you said. But when it is in dock mode and i push the nav button it goes to a nav screen. This screen has 3 buttons to the right of the screen that will not go away. This screen also given my speed in the bottom Left. This is the screen I can not seem to change to Track Up. Any thoughts? Mike

Barristro

Reaction score
Try clicking the "car" (blue arrow) symbol or the compass symbol.

I'm inside, so GPS won't lock on to allow me to test exactly which button has allowed me to switch.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
is there a user manual for the gps or for this phone for that matter. the one that came with the phone from Verizon didnt tell you how much of anything works. Would like to read it and have it available for reference.

negropy

Reaction score
I think maybe the Motorola website has more thorough manuals

Sent from my R2D2

solar

Reaction score
I can get it to work in maps just like you said. But when it is in dock mode and i push the nav button it goes to a nav screen. This screen has 3 buttons to the right of the screen that will not go away. This screen also given my speed in the bottom Left. This is the screen I can not seem to change to Track Up. Any thoughts? Mike

It sounds like you are using the weird motoblur overlay version for navigation. when you phone is docked, just exit out and open google maps like usual. Then you can tap on the red "north indicator" thing and it will switch from North up to showing the irection you are heading instead.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
Thank you Solar.....Is there a way I can change the short cut so it does not go to that motoblur and right to google maps when push the my location tab in the home screen of the car dock

solar

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. As far as I can tell its a 2 click experience. I click for the "location" app and another click for "google maps" once you're in there.

I know you are supposed to be able to add app shortcuts, but it hasn't worked for me on either my D2 or D2 Global. its just vibrates at me. $&*%ing moto blur.