Google Navigation only showing Top-Down perspective

MikeGoob

Reaction score
Navigation has always been a view from the perspective from above but behind the car. Now, the navigation function only shows top down, map style.

Is there a way to change the orientation? This blows

Phone: Samsung Droid Charge

edit--GPS is fine--the blue arrow follows the route as I drive but it is just top down and north is always up--Its awful.

Last edited:
OP
M

MikeGoob

Reaction score
There is no blue arrow in the lower left--the only blue arrow is showing my car. I've used Google Nav for awhile and this is really puzzling.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you're in Nav and not Maps?

Can you post a screenshot or find one that is exactly identical to the buttons and such that are available on your screen?

OP
M

MikeGoob

Reaction score
I was using navigation not maps--the same actions that usually provided a 3d view. The screen looked like this, but top down not 3d:
2rgffih.jpg

not my phone

Anyway I went into the aps and 'reset cache' for 'google services' and rebooted. When I opened nav again it did a notice about careful driving like when you first use it.

Now it works fine. I posted a thread about this also in the droid charge forum.

Something to keep in mind if it happens to someone else!

Thanks

Paleogirl2003

Reaction score
MikeGoob said:
Anyway I went into the aps and 'reset cache' for 'google services' and rebooted. When I opened nav again it did a notice about careful driving like when you first use it.

Now it works fine. I posted a thread about this also in the droid charge forum.

Something to keep in mind if it happens to someone else!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This was bugging me like crazy!

I went into TiBu and did a wipe data on Google maps and it fixed the issue - no reboot required

Shadfurman

Reaction score
Click the red and white compass arrow

Navigation has always been a view from the perspective from above but behind the car. Now, the navigation function only shows top down, map style.

Is there a way to change the orientation? This blows

Phone: Samsung Droid Charge

edit--GPS is fine--the blue arrow follows the route as I drive but it is just top down and north is always up--Its awful.

Click the red and white compass arrow.