GPS and Froyo 2.2 Update

Ninelivez2go

Reaction score
After updating my droid to the froyo 2.2 update, all of my gps applications are not working properly. Google maps can never find my location most of the time but when it does it shows me in TX, even though I'm in NJ. Weatherbug kind of does the samething, it never updates when traveling in different cities. For some reason my location is way off but the speed and direction are fine.

Any input would be appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best suggestion I think you can make when you have multiple problems after an update is to do a factory data reset out of the privacy section. That and get rid of any task killers and virus protection you may have.

A factory data reset will lose all your data and your non paid apps will have to be reinstalled, but you should see a better working Droid. After you do that get a cache cleaner to clean up our droid from time to time. A little maintenance every now and then is a good idea.

All your paid apps will be in the Market in your downloads area when you sign back into your phone. If that doesn't help, take it back to Verizon (or call customer service, I prefer doing that) and see if they will replace your Droid. It's still under warranty.

jpbellis

Reaction score
Same issue - hard reset doesn't fix it...

Hi, I have the same problem as the original poster. I live in CT and the device reports me as being in Addison Illinois. I went down the path of doing a hard reset... didn't fix it. I called Verizon and they gave up and connected me to Motorola. Motorola told me to get a replacement device. So I called Verizon, told them what Motorola said and they sent me a new device... SAME PROBLEM!. I've done *228 3 times doing both option 1 and 2 ... Same issue...

This is a bigger issue than simply being a weather gadget PIA... Maps are wrong, navigation tries to direct me from Illinois and 911.... Thinks I'm outside of Chicago ...

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have not let this update install on my phone yet. Mainly because I would have to un-root, but I was wondering what would happen if I did. I think I will wait a bit longer before I do this one.