Wrong location on Google.com browser

jixser

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how when I use the Browser that came already pre-installed in the Droid, the google.com homepage says that my location is incorrect to where I'm currently am?
For example, I use my browser and it defaults to a city location of a previous city I had moved and changed my address from (NY). I moved to a city in NJ and updated my billing info with Verizon Wireless and still it gives me a "MY LOCATION" to be at NY.
I've tried turning on the GPS, but it still gave me my old city.
I also tried using my Google Map application (pre-installed) and without using the GPS, it defaults my current location to be at my old city. When I turn on the GPS, it finds me at my current location with no problem. But I hate to use the GPS feature when I dont have to because of the battery drain. All my other apps (WHERE, Aloqa) also default to my old city location (NY).
Does anyone else have this problem? This started to happen to me since yesterday. Any solutions to this problem?
Appreciate any support!

Zenmervolt

Reaction score
Without GPS on, the phone determines your location based on which cell towers it is connected to, updating your billing address with Verizon won't do a damn thing to change which location the phone brings up.

You don't say which town you're in, but it's quite common for location based on cell tower to be off by a few miles due to the inherent inaccuracy in cell-based location determination. If you are still physically close to NY, it's most likely that your phone is still using a tower that is in NY and that this is the reason why the cell-based location is showing inaccurately.

timlitw

Reaction score
Since it is tied to google - take a look at your google profile and see if you have an address stored there. There should be a My Account link in the upper right when you are logged into a google site.