Got my HTC Droid DNA

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got in my Droid DNA, anything anyone wants me to check on it? I wanted to do a disassembly, but i dont know if the clips holding the back cover in place are too strong or there is adhesive holding it down also, but i didnt want to break it opening it lol, so i backed off for now untill i can figure out another way in or someone else does. I also noticed it has dual status led lights which is nice, one in the front under the earpiece grill and one on the back, so wether your phone is on the face or on its back you can see you have a missed notification. :)

20121115123338.jpg

20121115123357.jpg

20121115123529.jpg

20121115123501.jpg

20121115123408.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long the battery last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Ill let you know at the end of the day once ive used it for a while.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Ok so as far as battery goes, it seems to be running great, its doing as good if not better than my SG3. It had about 70% charge out of the box, and i used it from morning to night. I didnt do too much heavy stuff but i texted, called, and used youtube couple times as well as a lot of browsing the internet and by 11PM i was at about 20% charge.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ok so as far as battery goes, it seems to be running great, its doing as good if not better than my SG3. It had about 70% charge out of the box, and i used it from morning to night. I didnt do too much heavy stuff but i texted, called, and used youtube couple times as well as a lot of browsing the internet and by 11PM i was at about 20% charge.
I've been hearing great things about this small battery. Did that include the initial setup as well? Syncing everything and downloading the apps tends to eat a lot of battery, so if you did that on the first charge as well that's pretty impressive.

Are you on WiFi, or using LTE?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
pwrdbykyank said:

If u do a battery test can u do it with it connected to the network, no wifi and take screenshots of on screen time and the time it has been off the charger. On screen time is the true test. Most phones these days do decent at idle. Thanks.

geoff5093

Reaction score
If u do a battery test can u do it with it connected to the network, no wifi and take screenshots of on screen time and the time it has been off the charger. On screen time is the true test. Most phones these days do decent at idle. Thanks.
Agreed, and mobile data is a huge killer. At work with a poor signal and mobile data off I will only drop 5-10% over the 8 hour work day with very little use, but with mobile data on it will drop 20-30%.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Cool! I bet it's hard to stop looking at that display! I'll be interested in hearing more about the battery as well.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I agree the biggest battery test is to run on 4G all day if available and not on WiFi or 3G. Screen time is needed too. Keep us posted please

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
i will try to find the area where it shows me that info as to how long its been on and take a pic of it, but as far as being on wifi, the only place i use wifi is at home since i have almost no service. But i was out most the day using 4G so yep it did well. Browser was running fine, notifications coming through fast and yep. The onlyyy thing i can point a finger at about the phone might be the speaker. Its not really that loud, and on full volume when im on speakerphone on a call it has like a clicking noise when peoples voice comes through but it goes and comes not all the time. But i guess a soft update might fix that. But ya the screen is beautiful looks like a glossy hd pic lol

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
i will try to find the area where it shows me that info as to how long its been on and take a pic of it, but as far as being on wifi, the only place i use wifi is at home since i have almost no service. But i was out most the day using 4G so yep it did well. Browser was running fine, notifications coming through fast and yep. The onlyyy thing i can point a finger at about the phone might be the speaker. Its not really that loud, and on full volume when im on speakerphone on a call it has like a clicking noise when peoples voice comes through but it goes and comes not all the time. But i guess a soft update might fix that. But ya the screen is beautiful looks like a glossy hd pic lol

I didn't expect the speaker to be quiet, it has its own amp!

2001400ex

Reaction score
Does foxfi work? Does it do data and voice on both 4g and 3g?

I am a heavy user when I travel and was leaning toward the maxx hd, which foxfi and voice / data work. But the battery on this might be livable if those both work.

Caesars

Reaction score
Seems like wifi/no data would be best to demonstrate battery as 4g is not constant.

Return of the Android

2001400ex

Reaction score
Seems like wifi/no data would be best to demonstrate battery as 4g is not constant.

Return of the Android

Yeah but 4g is there and used. I hate CNET's battery tests because they just run a movie. Well most of my usage is on 4g.