Got Google Wallet working

captdroid

Reaction score
how/where do i get this free $10 from google? Unrooted stock device just activated google wallet

Any help is appreciated.

The $10 is already on the google paypass mastercard in Google Wallet after activation.

skaman9876

Reaction score
gotcha ya i just clicked add google prepaid card and the $10 was there... Thanks google :)

mattv111

Reaction score
I just tried this out for the first time and got an error sending transaction message. Do you think this could be an issue with the reader at the store?

captdroid

Reaction score
I just tried this out for the first time and got an error sending transaction message. Do you think this could be an issue with the reader at the store?

Could be try at another store. Mine worked fine couple stores so far.

ohcop72

Reaction score
Google wallet is working great now, do any of the Custom Roms have it working?

ratamacue

Reaction score
Either that or the cashier didn't do something right. She seemed clueless, and said she had never had anyone try to use it before... For those who have used it, has anyone noticed if the cashiers had to do anything special on their end after the phone reads sent, to complete the transaction? Or is it just automatic? I guess I'll have to make a trip to McDs to try it again...only other place in town that takes it.

Same thing happened to me. I used it at McDonalds and everything went super smooth. I tried to use it at 7/11 and it said it went through (sent) but the cashier said it did not register. It still says sent in transaction history.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
If I install my new extended battery that I received today, will it break Google Wallet?

TSXXX

Reaction score
I don't see why it would. You still have the app on your phone. I would assume that you'd be okay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xxpigxx

Reaction score
There were some speculating that the changing battery was causing the insecure element error in Wallet

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I swap batteries and no problem with wallet or insecure element yet. The battery only houses an antenna. The nfc component is in the phone. Changing the battery doesn't kill it. The confusion came from a lack of comprehension in what folks were reading in an article where a memo mentions "less than optimal performance" out of wallet when using a generic battery. People were confused thinking they can't change batteries but as long as the battery you use as a spare is a approved battery with the near field communication antenna in it....should not be a problem.

I think the insecure element issues came from folks who used a workaround by changing some XML file and pushing to system to get wallet working before the working .apk surfaced

Last edited:

bgrubb7

Reaction score
I had Wallet installed before I rooted, and it worked fine. I also remember that the annoying notification icon wouldn't go away. Now after I rooted and wiped, I reinstalled Wallet, but now the notification is not there... is that normal?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can reload the gift card with your regular bank card. I did