Got Google Wallet working

heathtessmer

Reaction score
So far I used wallet for 2 days and was really impressed. I used it to buy a card at Rite Aid and the whole line watched in amazement (being a small hick town people are easily impressed), also used it at 2 local grocery stores flawlessly, the third time I tried to use it at a Jack in the Box and it failed miserably and the lady on the other side of the window looked at me like I was some space man. Well my bid issue occurred today when I tried to change roms. I was using the gummynex rom and I love the rom but I saw the ZYGOT3 rom and its success and got excited. When I changed roms and deleted everything the new rom worked perfectly. When I went to google wallet it loaded fine but I noticed it was a little fishy when it asked me to come up with a new pin. Then when I was in my Google Prepaid Card was gone! It lost all my money and info. I called google and the card company and they said there was nothing they could do because it's not an authorized app. Thank Moses I had a nandroid backup. I went back and my money was back and all was good. Because the wallet doesn't link to your google account it can't be saved. If your phone breaks or you change roms you are SOL. Does anyone have a fix for this or has anyone else had this issue? It sucks that I have to spend my $50 before changing roms. Please let me know if anyone has found a work-around for this.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So far I used wallet for 2 days and was really impressed. I used it to buy a card at Rite Aid and the whole line watched in amazement (being a small hick town people are easily impressed), also used it at 2 local grocery stores flawlessly, the third time I tried to use it at a Jack in the Box and it failed miserably and the lady on the other side of the window looked at me like I was some space man. Well my bid issue occurred today when I tried to change roms. I was using the gummynex rom and I love the rom but I saw the ZYGOT3 rom and its success and got excited. When I changed roms and deleted everything the new rom worked perfectly. When I went to google wallet it loaded fine but I noticed it was a little fishy when it asked me to come up with a new pin. Then when I was in my Google Prepaid Card was gone! It lost all my money and info. I called google and the card company and they said there was nothing they could do because it's not an authorized app. Thank Moses I had a nandroid backup. I went back and my money was back and all was good. Because the wallet doesn't link to your google account it can't be saved. If your phone breaks or you change roms you are SOL. Does anyone have a fix for this or has anyone else had this issue? It sucks that I have to spend my $50 before changing roms. Please let me know if anyone has found a work-around for this.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Tell them you got a replacement phone and the reloaded card is not showing. They will verify your security info by asking some personal details.... then move the money over to your new card. On my 3rd nexus....Google has given me 10 bucks with each new phone. I had to move my reloaded 30 over every time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

suliman

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Tell them you got a replacement phone and the reloaded card is not showing. They will verify your security info by asking some personal details.... then move the money over to your new card. On my 3rd nexus....Google has given me 10 bucks with each new phone. I had to move my reloaded 30 over every time

not good. i want this feature but not if i have to do this every time i load a new rom.

Reaction score

I wiped my phone to put on a new rom, reinstalled wallet and my prepaid card was there. It had the same amount of money and no problems. I still haven't tried using it yet with this rom but the app works perfectly otherwise. I'm going to try it out soon.

???

Reaction score
just installed it, will test soon. rooted, but stock rom.

did a ti backup of the app after setup and doing a full cockwork mod backup as well for later as i change stuff.

Nealius

Reaction score
Seems like McD's is getting a lot of our free Google money or we are all a bunch of fatties the chick at mcd this morning ask me if it was an app. I just chuckled and said only for the new nexus phone. She pouted and showed me her iPhone. Made my morning along with my free breakfast

captdroid

Reaction score
Seems like McD's is getting a lot of our free Google money or we are all a bunch of fatties the chick at mcd this morning ask me if it was an app. I just chuckled and said only for the new nexus phone. She pouted and showed me her iPhone. Made my morning along with my free breakfast

You ate her breakfast :D