Got Google Wallet working

azgdds

Reaction score
I just did the exact same thing. McD's for coffee. Had to open app and enter PIN, then it instant transfereed. The guy, like, jumped, "that was awesome! What phone is that? I am getting one!" ha fun times. The google to McDonald's cash transfer over the next couple days would be interesting to watch.

captdroid

Reaction score
juat added google wallet, now in boot loop,anyone else, the apk

Nope the .apk from the posted link above I posted reply installed, ran and configured perfectly for me. Think you have some other problem if installing a app causing you boot loop.

mattv111

Reaction score
The guide says we do not need to be rooted if in the us. Is that true?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
was running perfect til then, did not install cwm yet either. sugestions

hmmm... not sure... sorry... always best to have CWM installed when rooted. Guess you tried pulling the battery?

captdroid

Reaction score
The guide says we do not need to be rooted if in the us. Is that true?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

From what I have read, you do not need to be rooted to simply install the google wallet apk and have it work.

All I did was install the google wallet apk found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2oqw5uur1af9uuj and ran it, followed the prompts what to do next. The OP guide you don't want to do now since this .apk is available. I read somewhere if you use the flash method before simply using this .apk install it screws something up. So just download using this link and install rooted or non-rooted.

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah...me too . No need to push a modified XML nd fix permission and all that...just side load the apk... rooted or not. Just check unknown sources.

sent from unlocked gnex

Reaction score
Have mine setup and working, but my question is, how will I get updates since it doesn't reflect in "My Apps" portion of the market? I saw there's a check for updates inside GW but I figured it'd get updated like any others did via the market.

FWIW - Noob to Android, coming from a winmo phone so bear with me if this is a dumb question..

captdroid

Reaction score
Have mine setup and working, but my question is, how will I get updates since it doesn't reflect in "My Apps" portion of the market? I saw there's a check for updates inside GW but I figured it'd get updated like any others did via the market.

FWIW - Noob to Android, coming from a winmo phone so bear with me if this is a dumb question..

Yea looks like the updates for Google Wallet on our Galaxy Nexus will come from the built in 'check for update' the Google Wallet program. I am guessing some sort of notification will show up when update available.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
I had some issues completing a transaction.... Tried using at BP... Opened App, entered PIN, selected the Pre Paid Google card. Balance shows $10. I tap the phone to the PayPass... It says SENT, but the cashier said it didn't show up on her register... I tried it again. Tap the phone, it says SENT, but it doesn't register as a payment. So I just used my debit card and off I went.

Now when I go to the transactions in Wallet, it shows 2 transactions as "sent", but there is no dollar amount. Am I missing something, or did the BP not have something right on their end?? Isnt a dollar amount supposed to show on the phone when the transaction is complete?

captdroid

Reaction score
I had some issues completing a transaction.... Tried using at BP... Opened App, entered PIN, selected the Pre Paid Google card. Balance shows $10. I tap the phone to the PayPass... It says SENT, but the cashier said it didn't show up on her register... I tried it again. Tap the phone, it says SENT, but it doesn't register as a payment. So I just used my debit card and off I went.

Now when I go to the transactions in Wallet, it shows 2 transactions as "sent", but there is no dollar amount. Am I missing something, or did the BP not have something right on their end?? Isnt a dollar amount supposed to show on the phone when the transaction is complete?

Sounds like the transactions were sent from your phone via Google Wallet but the BP reader didn't register the transactions properly. I am guessing a problem on BP reader end of things.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Sounds like the transactions were sent from your phone via Google Wallet but the BP reader didn't register the transactions properly. I am guessing a problem on BP reader end of things.

Either that or the cashier didn't do something right. She seemed clueless, and said she had never had anyone try to use it before... For those who have used it, has anyone noticed if the cashiers had to do anything special on their end after the phone reads sent, to complete the transaction? Or is it just automatic? I guess I'll have to make a trip to McDs to try it again...only other place in town that takes it.

Last edited:

skaman9876

Reaction score
how/where do i get this free $10 from google? Unrooted stock device just activated google wallet

Any help is appreciated.