Got an email to register for Moto g power

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
It seems the Verizon model has only 8gb internal and max internal of 128gb and has the 5g and it's a model called uw and not the same as a pro

Looks good but wanna here from anybody who got this particular model and what they think

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The UW is a smaller phone and only has a 90Hz refresh rate opposed to the Pro with 120Hz refresh rate. There are a few other differences.
OnePlus 8 Pro vs OnePlus 8 UW - specs comparison

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
It's a tempting phone seems to be on sale for $33/month on Verizon which is cheaper then the Moto edge and it's screen problems. I haven't really found anything bad on the internet about the one plus

It's interesting that it has a physical button to switch the vibrate silent etc like an iPhone I hope it isn't too easily bumped or might have to tape it down

Keeping my eyes open

You have to want to use it, not easily bumped.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The UW is a smaller phone and only has a 90Hz refresh rate opposed to the Pro with 120Hz refresh rate. There are a few other differences.
OnePlus 8 Pro vs OnePlus 8 UW - specs comparison
I like the smaller size of screen it's already bigger then my z2 force don't like that I can't get a 256gb variant

What does the refresh speed do clarity or video speed or flicker?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What about security I have seen some articles about one plus security some saw nothing to worry about others say other things. What's the facts on this

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I like the smaller size of screen it's already bigger then my z2 force don't like that I can't get a 256gb variant

What does the refresh speed do clarity or video speed or flicker?

The refresh rate is a measure of how many times a screen redraws an image, the higher the better. My Note 10 and V60 both have 60Hz and my OnePlus 7 Pro has 90Hz, my old eyes can't tell the difference.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The refresh rate is a measure of how many times a screen redraws an image, the higher the better. My Note 10 and V60 both have 60Hz and my OnePlus 7 Pro has 90Hz, my old eyes can't tell the difference.
I have not seen any visual difference between the 60Hz refresh on all my previous phones and the 90Hz refresh on my Pixel 4. Some can notice the difference, but I can't.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The Samsung sg20 looks like a decent phone and seems like the best supported.phone besides Moto but yet reviews say fingerprint reader isnt as good as one plus

One plus seems to good.to be true and Samsung seems to be what most Android people seem to have so I am.look at Samsung's now except for the fact that the one Samsung I had had a ringer issue.

Keep reading all the articles

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think I'd you go Samsung S20+ or Note 10 + are great options ...you get a little flatter screen on the S20s...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think I'd you go Samsung S20+ or Note 10 + are great options ...you get a little flatter screen on the S20s...
And a bigger battery on s20+
I wouldn't need a note since I don't use a stylus
If you had a s20+ a one.plus 8uw and and edge which would you choose right now I would pick the the s20+ unless Moto fixes their green screen issue constantly

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you had a s20+ a one.plus 8uw and and edge which would you choose right now I would pick the the s20+ unless Moto fixes their green screen issue constantly

My friends trying to gete to consider an iPhone but I ha e two drawbacks
I can't find an app or feature that will do repeating missed call reminders like the Android app prof reminder. Apple does have missed text reminder thoughts. What's up with that. Anyone know an iPhone app that does that.

Also the iPhone SE is the only one with fingerprint now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't find an app or feature that will do repeating missed call reminders like the Android app prof reminder. Apple does have missed text reminder thoughts. What's up with that. Anyone know an iPhone app that does that.

Face Unlock is the future, we will all have to get used to it soon.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Face Unlock is the future, we will all have to get used to it soon.

Face unlock doesn't work with masks. Face unlock does not have to be the only way to unlock phone even apple conceded and keeps making the se

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK. Just trying to help.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

One good thing about the Note you don't need to use the pen ...it's there for times you might want to use it ...like you can press the pen and take a pic ...or write down some notes or shopping list ...I've not had the S20 in hand or used it but I would think better prices in the Note ...I like Samsung best bc you get better trade in for them from Samsung or deals later on if you decide to upgrade ...OnePlus is finally stepped up added stuff to phone ...I just can't see myself throwing that cash and commit to them for the long run.. Motorola is a mess I'm sure that phone is solid but I don't trust them for updates one ...if I'm going to pay that cash range I just rely on Samsung ...

You can always get Google Voice ..you get a number from Google then use their Voicemail and it has email reminders on calls and Voice messages ...I would go Pro phone for iPhone though ...not SE ..
Face unlock doesn't work with masks. Face unlock does not have to be the only way to unlock phone even apple conceded and keeps making the se

I just type in my code it's super fast and easy ..I was shopping this weekend with iPhone and masks on ...and I use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch to pay at counter ...win

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We won't be wearing masks forever. And yes.... swiping a screen lock pattern or PIN is not the end of the world. Oh my....it takes 2 seconds....the horror of modern life.