Got an email to register for Moto g power

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like pixel 4a and pixel 5 will have a fingerprint sensor but only a 3### mAh or so is what I've seen in some articles and not the top line snapdragon . Be interesting to see what these phones will be anyone know when they come out

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The Pixel 5 fingerprint scanner rumors are false. Don't believe them. The Pixel 4a definitely will have a fingerprint scanner just like the 3a. You can't put a soli chip face ID scanner in a budget phone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The Pixel 5 fingerprint scanner rumors are false. Don't believe them. The Pixel 4a definitely will have a fingerprint scanner just like the 3a. You can't put a soli chip face ID scanner in a budget phone.

Will the 4a have nfc? What is budget about the a series slower CPU?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Will the 4a have nfc? What is budget about the a series slower CPU?

NFC? We don't know yet. Slow? What's slow to one person is not slow to another, so that's a relative question with no real answer

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am at best buy staring at the display models of the Samsung note 20 and 20 ultra 5g they are taller then my z2 force by about an inch or two the non ultra has rounded edges and has a better look

The ultra differences listed in display screen on ultra description says quad with dynamic AMOLED 2 12gb ram instead of 8 more options for larger storage micro USB support for storage 50 x zoom and battery 200mah more than non ultra. The ultra also a bit taller

I am considering the non ultra because of the curve edge

The display is the Samsung owned display units locked by Samsung reps they are the only ones that can unlock and let you test device I will need to make appointment. If anyone tests gingerly let me know

Also the phone is bulky compared to z2 force prob due to battery

If you swipe right it brings up the Samsung version of the page the pixel brings up for google

Last edited:

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I am at best buy staring at the display models of the Samsung note 20 and 20 ultra 5g they are taller then my z2 force by about an inch or two the non ultra has rounded edges and has a better look

The ultra differences listed in display screen on ultra description says quad with dynamic AMOLED 2 12gb ram instead of 8 more options for larger storage micro USB support for storage 50 x zoom and battery 200mah more than non ultra. The ultra also a bit taller

The display is the Samsung owned display units locked by Samsung reps they are the only ones that can unlock and let you test device I will need to make appointment. If anyone tests gingerly let me know

If you swipe right it brings up the Samsung version of the page the pixel brings up for google

I pre ordered my Note 20 Ultra 512Gb on the 6th and supposed to ship on the 19th. Personally I like the Samsung screen and this one is supposed to be 120 Hertz. I have the Note 10 Plus and just ordered it with out taking a look at it.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I pre ordered my Note 20 Ultra 512Gb on the 6th and supposed to ship on the 9th. Personally I like the Samsung screen and this one is supposed to be 120 Hertz. I have the Note 10 Plus and just ordered it with out taking a look at it.
I would have to get used to the thickness and prob turn off 120hertz to save battery

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I would have to get used to the thickness and prob turn off 120hertz to save battery

If you get a 5G phone, the 5G uses a lot more battery too. I have that turned off on my LG V60.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you get a 5G phone, the 5G uses a lot more battery too. I have that turned off on my LG V60.
Can you turn just 5g off?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

I personally feel the non Ultra is not a good buy for the price $1000 ...it's cut a few things such as no option for faster refresh rate ...it's using gorilla 5 older front glass ...plastic back ...s pen not the new optimized like one on Ultra ...I think you get a better buy on a Note 10 + and it will perform excellent..that's if you don't go for the Ultra....

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I personally feel the non Ultra is not a good buy for the price $1000 ...it's cut a few things such as no option for faster refresh rate ...it's using gorilla 5 older front glass ...plastic back ...s pen not the new optimized like one on Ultra ...I think you get a better buy on a Note 10 + and it will perform excellent..that's if you don't go for the Ultra....
I would get the non ultra for the rounded edges alone. I would only use the oven to do remote selfies . The only reason I'm considering the note is that it is supposed to have the best in screen fingerprint scanner. Have no need of the faster refresh rate of the screen I would lower it to 60hz the battery diff of 200 mAh is not much.the 8gb vs 12gb ram not sure if that would. E a bug difference to me prob not. 256gb internal storage for me fine. Don't need as card support (had bad expierience with ad card in Moto) so anything important I would store in the cloud only need space on phone for day to day stuff

Noting the abive do find a reason I would need or want the uktrae ultra

Btw what does the better pen do

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I would get the non ultra for the rounded edges alone. I would only use the oven to do remote selfies . The only reason I'm considering the note is that it is supposed to have the best in screen fingerprint scanner. Have no need of the faster refresh rate of the screen I would lower it to 60hz the battery diff of 200 mAh is not much.the 8gb vs 12gb ram not sure if that would. E a bug difference to me prob not. 256gb internal storage for me fine. Don't need as card support (had bad expierience with ad card in Moto) so anything important I would store in the cloud only need space on phone for day to day stuff

Noting the abive do find a reason I would need or want the uktrae ultra

Btw what does the better pen do

I'm sure the regular Note will be fine for many ... I've experienced the Note 10+ so for me it has downgrades for the price point ...overall I'm sure you will get solid use of the phone ...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm sure the regular Note will be fine for many ... I've experienced the Note 10+ so for me it has downgrades for the price point ...overall I'm sure you will get solid use of the phone ...
Read more about the differences
The non ultra has gorrila glass that same or worse than note 10 and the ultra has Gorilla Glass 7 by victus which can survive a two meter or so drop and is scratch resistant which might make.me pick this phone.
I did see a warning that both phones get an over the air update after you open the box and that an article suspected that was to fix flaws and that there will be more patches. I might buy and see if I can live with or wait a little longer. Debating curved edges vs better drop protection and leaning towards drop protection w a rounded case lol

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha decisions decisions...all good you waited this long definitely take your time ...and hopefully scoop up a deal along the way