Gorilla Gadgets opinions?

TheJester34

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the 3500mAh battery from Gorilla Gadgets. Has anyone on here tried one? And if so, what's your take on it?

vatothe0

Reaction score
I had one. It lasts quite a long time. The cover is huge though. I got used to it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the thickness. I'm used to thicker phones anyway. I used my previous DX a ton, so I want to make sure it will last as long as I need.

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I hadn't seem that one yet. Thanks for the link! I do believe I'll pick one up in the next couple weeks. Got around fine on my old DX battery, but I don't wanna worry about it. Thanks guys!

pizza3

Reaction score
I got one

I got one several weeks ago. It is amazing compared to the stock. As I write my X2 has been unplugged for 39 hours and I still have 60% battery left. Also, I had some trouble with the delicate prongs on the cover. I wrote them and they sent me a new one, free, in a few days. I have never had such good customer service. That being said the phone is a little chunkier than stock. The cover is about 1/4 inch or so higher than the camera module. If you can take the weight and thickness that is the way to go. I've seen them cheaper on ebay from Hong Kong. I've been burned by Charley Hong Kong before. Go with the Gorilla!

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
Awesome stuff! Thanks for all the input. This will be my next purchase then. Looking forward to not worrying about battery whilst browsing and Netflixing!

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Hahaha Charley Hong Kong...

Sent from my Supercharged Cyanogenated DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
So I ordered my battery Wednesday ans had it Saturday =D My question now is, does anyone know how long it takes to get it going well? I'm calibrating it now, and I know it'll take a bit to get it working fully. I'm guessing 3 to 4 full cycles or so. Sound right? Also, I'm using battery stats pro

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how the battery reader in GB is accuracy wise? It seems to be reading right along with battery stats just fine. Or will that quit when the battery's calibrates fully?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

vatothe0

Reaction score
So I ordered my battery Wednesday ans had it Saturday =D My question now is, does anyone know how long it takes to get it going well? I'm calibrating it now, and I know it'll take a bit to get it working fully. I'm guessing 3 to 4 full cycles or so. Sound right? Also, I'm using battery stats pro

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how the battery reader in GB is accuracy wise? It seems to be reading right along with battery stats just fine. Or will that quit when the battery's calibrates fully?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Mine never got calibrated. 5% left just meant recharge in the next 12-18 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk