Gorilla Gadgets vs BP7X

mr.inter

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new extended battery for my D2G, as I have tried two different extended batteries from eBay that have disappointed me for the fact that they do not show accurate readings, as they gets stuck at 5% system level for hours. I tried two of these instead of one because the seller sent me a replacement, as I thought that the first one was defective (someone on this forum told me this as well). Now I'm trying to choose between the Gorilla Gadgets Battery and the BP7X. I know that these two have different capacities (or at least report it), however I want an extended battery that displays an accurate battery reading, at least after a battery stats wipe. Does the Gorilla Gadgets Battery have an accurate reading despite it being 3500mAh? I don't want to end up buying it and then ending up with the same current problem. I don't mind having a bit less battery life if I should opt for the BP7X, but having accurate readings. The one I currently have is like the one in the picture:
View attachment 41409

I did not find Battery Left Pro to be reliable as it should. I would appreciate if you share your experiences with these two extended batteries and helping me on which one I should get.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Oh I found out that Gorilla Gadgets does not ship outside the US. Is this true?

ExodusC

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Gorilla Gadgets battery, but I do own the BP7X. The BP7X is lower capacity than the "big batteries" you see for sale, but it does give accurate readings.

With my BP7X, on the .607 Gingerbread leak, with bloatware frozen, I can pull 20 hours out of a single charge depending on usage. One night I remember going to sleep with the battery at 50%, and I had something like 16 hours without any charge.

I have also heard you can use certain third party apps to get proper readings for the battery level on the "big batteries," but I don't know if it's true.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I have also heard you can use certain third party apps to get proper readings for the battery level on the "big batteries," but I don't know if it's true.

I use Battery Left Pro, and when fully calibrated, it still does not show reliable readings, for example when Battery Monitor Widget is stuck at 1%, it reports 1% as well, or it shows 11% even when the battery is about to die.

ExodusC

Reaction score
I use Battery Left Pro, and when fully calibrated, it still does not show reliable readings, for example when Battery Monitor Widget is stuck at 1%, it reports 1% as well, or it shows 11% even when the battery is about to die.
Sorry to hear that, I can't speak from experience.

Again, I recommend the BP7X, since it's thin and gives a nice boost. Though if you want that super-long runtime, you'll want one of the "big batteries."

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Again, I recommend the BP7X, since it's thin and gives a nice boost. Though if you want that super-long runtime, you'll want one of the "big batteries."

I already have but I'm tired of the battery draining at more or less the same rate of the stock battery, and then spending a lot of time on the lowest level. I can't estimate how long the battery will serve me.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I have confirmed that Gorilla Gadgets only ships to the US. If anyone knows of a reliable source from where I can get it with Paypal please let me know. In the meantime please post your experiences with the BP7X.

William_04_x

Reaction score

Does the BP7X fit under the original battery cover?

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score

I don't think so, but does any one know whether it fits under the big battery covers that come with the 3500 batteries? When I say fits, I mean that the battery door completely closes. It does not completely close when using the stock BP6X.

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score

No, there is an extended battery door for sale. Mr.Inter, which version of the OS are you running? The stock gingerbread seems to give excellent battery life on CDMA, and others report similar life on GSM, much improved from Froyo.

biknut1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new extended battery for my D2G, as I have tried two different extended batteries from eBay that have disappointed me for the fact that they do not show accurate readings, as they gets stuck at 5% system level for hours. I tried two of these instead of one because the seller sent me a replacement, as I thought that the first one was defective (someone on this forum told me this as well). Now I'm trying to choose between the Gorilla Gadgets Battery and the BP7X. I know that these two have different capacities (or at least report it), however I want an extended battery that displays an accurate battery reading, at least after a battery stats wipe. Does the Gorilla Gadgets Battery have an accurate reading despite it being 3500mAh? I don't want to end up buying it and then ending up with the same current problem. I don't mind having a bit less battery life if I should opt for the BP7X, but having accurate readings. The one I currently have is like the one in the picture:
View attachment 41409

I did not find Battery Left Pro to be reliable as it should. I would appreciate if you share your experiences with these two extended batteries and helping me on which one I should get.

I cannot report any of this based on fact, but rather based on what I have read on these forums.

The reason your battery meter isn't working correctly is not because your batteries are faulty- your battery meter is faulty. Well, not the meter, but the software that runs it. From what I remember when I was searching for batteries, those with knowledge said that the software on the phone was unable to read the extended batteries correctly.

I am running the GB leak and the CyanogenMod 7 GB version. I faithfully follow the CM7 developers' thread on another (green) forum to keep up with the progress. They are still unable to get the battery meter working correctly on the D2G due to not being able to find all of the internal files needed to correct it. So if you use anything other than stock, and maybe the BP7X battery, you are never going to get the correct battery reading. I have said on here before that as long as the phone works when I want it to, I don't care what the battery says. Especially since I can't fix it!

Just a suggestion- work on what's important- getting the phone to last all (your) day long. The battery meter doesn't make that happen. Make your choice- a battery that lasts, or a meter that is always right. But right now, you aren't gonna get both!

Last edited:
OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Mr.Inter, which version of the OS are you running? The stock gingerbread seems to give excellent battery life on CDMA, and others report similar life on GSM, much improved from Froyo.

I am running on GB with GSM. Yes I can't complain on battery life, but it's always better on an extended battery.

I cannot report any of this based on fact, but rather based on what I have read on these forums.

The reason your battery meter isn't working correctly is not because your batteries are faulty- your battery meter is faulty. Well, not the meter, but the software that runs it. From what I remember when I was searching for batteries, those with knowledge said that the software on the phone was unable to read the extended batteries correctly.

I am running the GB leak and the CyanogenMod 7 GB version. I faithfully follow the CM7 developers' thread on another (green) forum to keep up with the progress. They are still unable to get the battery meter working correctly on the D2G due to not being able to find all of the internal files needed to correct it. So if you use anything other than stock, and maybe the BP7X battery, you are never going to get the correct battery reading. I have said on here before that as long as the phone works when I want it to, I don't care what the battery says. Especially since I can't fix it!

Just a suggestion- work on what's important- getting the phone to last all (your) day long. The battery meter doesn't make that happen. Make your choice- a battery that lasts, or a meter that is always right. But right now, you aren't gonna get both!

I thought that the BP7X shows a more accurate reading since it is of a lower capacity and made by Motorola. I don't mind the battery meter going a bit off, but nearly spending a whole day at 5% is weird. I know that I can charge it before but sometimes I would need to know how much battery life I am able to squeeze out of my phone.