Gorilla Gadget 3500mah Droid X

novatore

Reaction score
I just bought the extended battery for my droid X. Im not really sure if its working because for some reason, my stats on my battery says 60% after 25 minutes unplugged. I don't know. I've noticed these ridicoulous numbers of people going 2 days or a day with their phone, heavy usuage. I don't believe that. Im a heavy user. I use my phone like a laptop. I talk to alot of people, txting at least 300-200 txt a day, always on twitter and facebook. That's heavy. Battery can't get passed the day. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

novatore

Reaction score
There is one good thing that came out of this. It died quickly when I first placed it in, but after it charged for like an hour it would not die at all when it reached 5%. Usually it would take like 3 seconds for the phone to die but this time it wouldn't die. I put the display on, played music, watched 4 videos, it just wouldn't die so I powered it off then I let it charged. So I guess it. Getting there. Do you know how many cycles I have to go through?

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Try resetting your battery stats in recovery after a full charge. It may be that the phone isn't properly calibrated for this battery and is reporting incorrect information. Just run bootstrap and reboot into clockwork. I believe its under advanced options, but can't be sure. If your not rooted I'm not sure how to go about it. Hope this helps

OP
N

novatore

Reaction score
Oh, Im not rooted at all. I don't know what that is.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Sorry I can't be more helpful. I just checked the stock recovery and there isn't any option to wipe stats. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more experience. It may work itself out after several charge cycles. Try letting it completely die and then charge fully. Just don't do that too often as I've heard it isn't great for these batteries.

OP
N

novatore

Reaction score
Yeah. It sucks a bit because these smartphones, as advance as they are. They're quite primitive.

ajb3985

Reaction score
Theres an app for battery power. Try using a widget from an app instead of motorolas widget

MontanaGeo

Reaction score
My Droid X would reboot at random a couple times a day with the 3500mah battery. I'm guessing it was due to the weight of the battery causing it to giggle loose from the contacts, and possibly a loose fitting cover plate. Not impressed.