Google Wanted Motorola For More Than Just Lawsuit Backbone

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
gomoto.jpg

Since the story broke out that Google was buying Motorola, many have hoped better hardware will be coming out the deal, well it seems you will get what you want. Google's Eric Schmidt, said in an interview that buying Motorola was not only for the patents but because the company has had some “amazing hardware.” This means Google wants to get in on this great hardware business, and ends up meaning that we might be seeing some pretty awesome Non-MotoBlur having phones coming out of this deal. We do not know how companies like Samsung, HTC, LG, and Sony Ericsson feel actually feel about this deal. I can not imagine going into business against your friends is such a great idea.

Here is the full quote:

"We did it for more than just patents," Schmidt said in a conversation with Salesforce.com Inc. Chief Executive Officer Marc Benioff. "The Motorola team has some amazing products.”

Via: Phandroid

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Not like that was really any surprise. Who pays one of the largest mobile phone manufacturers BILLIONS of dollars, for patent protection? In times like these, businesses need partners, even if they pay for them lol

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Don't listen to the tech bloggers. They really don't know what they are taking about. Just listen to one of their podcasts and see how clueless they are about basic things regarding Android.

Google isn't going to pay billions of dollars for a few relevant patents. It is common sense. And googles partners are not preteen girls; they are not going to abandon a platform because their feelings were hurt. The nexus phones are not the best selling Android phones.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

npro1464

Reaction score
Speaking of Moto Blur, I wonder what Google is going to do with the controversial UI. Wll they put half the phones with it and half without it? Will they make it an optional laucher on their merchandise, kind of like ADW or Launcher Pro is?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No surprise here. The patents could have been had for billions less if thats all they wanted.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Speaking of Moto Blur, I wonder what Google is going to do with the controversial UI. Wll they put half the phones with it and half without it? Will they make it an optional laucher on their merchandise, kind of like ADW or Launcher Pro is?

There's a few things in the new blur that would be nice if it came standard with android. Honestly, besides a few customization things, I very much like the new blur, and have found I prefer it over other market launchers.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score

I would imagine google will integrate the good parts of blur into standard Android, and throw away the rest.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

electric6

Reaction score
i would hope to see a pure android device as a consequence of this by 2013