Lenovo's "Love Affair" with Motorola Started in 2011

djspy

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying Google Google Google... But, Dennis Woodside said "That Moto X was all Motorola. Not Google" Google basically just said "here's some money, dou whatever you want." I don't think Google ever cared about the Moto X or any phone for that matter. They just wanted the patents.

skostos

Reaction score
Maybe Ashton Kutcher can save MOTO, But after the lack of support we got from the droid bionic. I am done with moto, which is kinda sad because my first love was droid1,droid2 & bionic.
Mardoon.

I just can't get behind something like this. We are talking about a world that 6 years ago didn't know what an iPhone was. Now we have companies paying billions for patents and licenses to things that we take for granted and complain about every day. Sure the bionic was a flop.. but look at your time frame... this was right after the google acquisition.. the beginning of 4g.. the droid charge was a flop too... revolution.. thunderbolt.. lets not talk about my galaxy nexus.. thank god no one stopped using samsung or where would we be now... the iphone didnt even have 4g yet... this was a weird time period for the phones, and when android really began coming into its own. sure they coulda thrown ics on the bionic but then what.. would you rather have an unsupported 2.3.3 phone or an incredibly laggy 4.0 giving you nothing but problems? I think the only true problem with the bionic was the capabilities of early android and recieving its 4g signal.. i dont remember exactly what it was but i remember the problems that brought to us. letting any kind of brand history weigh in is crazy... look at lg 5 years ago with their old keyboarded plastic phones... look at them now.. we have a nexus 5, and g2.. arguably and easily the two best phones out. abandoning a brand because of a past flop is beyond crazy... but then again.. when ashton kutcher started that computer company back in the day... what was it apple? look at the dump into apple 2 when all ashton wanted was his mac... shoulda abandoned apple then too. Thank god he went and started NEXT! now we all get to carry these little tvs in our pockets that get the internet!

skostos

Reaction score

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
When I think of Lenovo, I think...yeah, that company that took the Thinkpad from the "Motorola-esque" level of industry respect and ran it into the ground.

This confuses me. By most benchmarks, Lenovo has had huge success in making the Thinkpad into a major player.

Tracking firms IDC and Gartner released their preliminary quarterly results for the PC industry, and both analyses showed that Chinese PC manufacturer Lenovo shipped more computers in the recently completed three-month period than HP, which has held the crown as the largest PC maker since at least 2006. Both reports showed Lenovo's shipments outpacing HP's by more than 200,000 units, and they tracked roughly 12.4 million shipments in the quarter. HP's year-over-year decline was greater in IDC's report, which showed a 7.7 percent decrease; Gartner reported a 4.8 percent loss.

Sure, overall sales doesn't equate to quality, but they must be doing something right.

Hewlett-Packard loses crown as top personal computer manufacturer - San Jose Mercury News