Eric Schmidt of Google Comments on Legal Suits Against Androids

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,732
    [​IMG]

At the Google Mobile Revolution conference in Tokyo yesterday, Eric Schmidt, former CEO and still Chairman of Google, had some choice words to say about all the "fruity" litigation that has been assailing Google and its OEMs lately. He said,
    When asked specifically about the newest set-back with the ITC ruling against HTC in Apple's patent lawsuit, Schmidt remained confident and responded,
    In regards to the explosive growth of Android, Schmidt expects that to continue and sees Android as becoming the most popular platform in Asia due to lower prices brought about by increased competition. He added,
    He further indicated that Using Moore's Law coupled with Android's open system, prices for Android devices should continue to drop, and may go as low as US$50 to US$70 eventually. Schmidt also shared that he predicts that smartphones will overthrow PC adoption for many users in emerging markets and will overtake it in 2012.

Even though he didn't get specific as to how Google will help HTC in their current predicament, it's great to see someone directly from Google indicating publicly that they intend to back their OEMs. It would appear we are just seeing the beginning of a legal war of epic proportions very soon. And, it also looks like we are only seeing the beginning of an Android world-wide market domination.

Source: AndroidCentral and ZDNetAsia

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    :clap: That is an awesome quote! It's a virtual slap in the face to those responding with lawsuits. I always found it interesting that Apple will go after the individual companies like HTC, Samsung, etc, but they won't go directly after Google. Clearly Apple doesn't want to pick on someone their own size. :wink: In any case I hope having Google in their corner will make Apple back off a bit. :i-m_so_happy:

3. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    This was my favorite part. :)

4. Rindaen

Rindaen Member

Ratings:
    +1

Because we all know none of these phone are using anything with a patent someone else created.
    Maybe Google should worry about fixing my Droid X so It actually works.

5. sqchram

sqchram Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow buzzkill

6. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Google didn't make your phone...