Google Unveils Awesomely Fast And Accurate Voice Actions For Android

Stormwing

Reaction score
Finallly, Voice Search and Voice Dialer aren't separate anymore! Got a question though, anyone know where the heck the "note to self" notes go?

griz8791

Reaction score
Awesome. It hasn't even been a month since I dropped $9.99 on Vlingo, which in turn is now free, apparently as the result of this development.

brochaos

Reaction score
from the looks of it they are just gmails to yourself.

Finallly, Voice Search and Voice Dialer aren't separate anymore! Got a question though, anyone know where the heck the "note to self" notes go?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out the new google search box widgets

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where? I dont see any?
When you choose Add/Widget/Google Search it gives you the choice of Contacts Search, Browser Search, Apps Search, or All... maybe it did this before, but I never noticed

suefox51

Reaction score
Quick question from semi-noobe! I've downloaded the apk file onto my computer - I can copy it onto the sd card on the Droid - but where do I put it and what do I do with it???? :)

Brian513

Reaction score
i wish the music part worked with stock music.

Right? It only brings up Pandora when I tell it to play something... I really just want it to play the music that I have in the stock player... Anyone know how to define or change the defaults so that it won't autosearch Pandora?

*Update: I was just reading another forum and it looks like Voice Search - for right now - only searches for music within a few apps. Oh, Google. You really are brilliant... But come on! Hopefully it'll get updated sooner than later. :-/

Last edited:

motoDROID.FTW

Reaction score
Figure i would put more about me here, im the cool
Quick question from semi-noobe! I've downloaded the apk file onto my computer - I can copy it onto the sd card on the Droid - but where do I put it and what do I do with it???? :)

just put it on the root, or in a folder if you like, and use a file manager(like Astro File manager[free]), and find were you put the apk and (if using Astro) click on the apk, then click open app manager, then click install. dancedroid

cgrabowskijr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to theme widget to smoke glass? Would be killer..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Friggin awesome! I love how my rooted phone gets awesome updates like this consistently!!! Install fine and works great on Simply Stunning 4.6!

les017

Reaction score
Awesome. It hasn't even been a month since I dropped $9.99 on Vlingo, which in turn is now free, apparently as the result of this development.

Same here. I guess the lesson is... if it's super cool, be patient, Google will have it soon.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Same here. I guess the lesson is... if it's super cool, be patient, Google will have it soon.

Gah I hate when this happens, I paid for tweetie for iphone/iPod Touch for my iPod Touch twice, once for the first version then a second for the second version. Lo' and behold twitter bought the damn thing and made it free :\ and now I'm finding that I like tweetdeck much more and that has always been free. argh just my luck.