1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Talk app issues on HTC Droid Incredible 2 / 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by gelfball, Apr 15, 2012.

1. gelfball

gelfball New Member

Hi All,
    I'm a n00b on DroidForums. And an Android N00b. hope you can help.

I have a Droid Incredible 2 (Verizon) but bought it in Asia... off the back of the truck. I was told it was rooted, but now when I checked using ConnectBot, I get a $ and not a #, so I guess not?

My problem is with the Google Talk app. It stopped working in weird ways. When I click on the widget, I get the message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone. Yet, it still seems to be logged into GCHAT everytime I go online! I get message notifications in the notification screen, but can't click through to Google Talk. Its very frustrating b/c I don't want people to think I'm available when I'm not...

I downloaded Imo app and want to just delete Talk app and only use IMO. but of course, then tried to delete Talk and it won't allow.

Does anyone have a solution for either fixing Talk or deleting Talk? I don't know if I can freeze using Titanium Backup as I don't think I'm rooted and I'm too much of a n00b and don't want to risk it doing it myself. Anyway to freeze apps without rooting?

Any and all solutions much much appreciated!
Search tags for this page
droid incredible 2 google talk
google talk droid incredible

google talk droid incredible 2

google talk htc

google talk incredible 2
gtalk htc freeze
htc droid incredible 2 gtalk
htc incredible people app not working
htc talk application
problens downloading apps droid incredible 2
talk app htc