Google Talk and Gmail app quiting

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by tmoneymaker, Nov 18, 2009.

1. tmoneymaker

tmoneymaker New Member

It seems that Google talk and the Gmail Apps are having problems staying open on my Eris. At first I thought it was link issues, but having it connected to my wifi hasn't changed the performance.

I will open google talk, it loads, contacts show online, but then it quits and I am returned to the homepage. Same thing occurs with Gmail, though not as often.

I have tried a full reset on the device, but this did not help. Any ideas of what is going on. I am thinking I might try and return it.
  2. tmoneymaker

tmoneymaker New Member

Resolved

I believe I have this figured out. After searching around the interwebs I found a thread about screen timeout. I had my timeout set to 1 minute. It appears as though Google Talk and the Google Mail program do not like it when the screen times out. I have now changed my screen timeout to "never" and haven't had a problem. now I just have to remember to physically turn my screen off.
  3. reedux

reedux New Member

im having this problem with my motorola droid...... weird turn of events. i'll try your screen lock theory.
Search tags for this page

gmail talk app wont open

google talk on droid eris not working

guiting apps droid razr

launch the (google) talk app