Google Offering Play Music Unlimited For Free Again!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one listening to local music still.
Seriously check out Rocket Player. Dumped PowerAmp awhile ago...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Is the sound quality better? I found a try before buy version but really didn't see anything different, visually, from PA.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There's a free version, not a trial?!? Pay opens up the 10 band EQ Cross-fading and other stuff.

I actually looked for a player like Rocket for years because of one killer feature. "Live Playlists". I think Rocket was the first but there's another one now that does it. Don't think PA does.
A Live playlist is dynamic and changes based on criteria you set.
Example. I have one set for "Play 100 songs that are marked as never been played". Or "Play songs that I haven't listened to in 3 months". Or. "Play old favorites (5 stars) that I haven't listened to in 6 months". Or. "Play songs that were added to the library one year ago".
It's extremely powerful and something I've wanted for years.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a free version, not a trial?!? Pay opens up the 10 band EQ Cross-fading and other stuff.

I actually looked for a player like Rocket for years because of one killer feature. "Live Playlists". I think Rocket was the first but there's another one now that does it. Don't think PA does.
A Live playlist is dynamic and changes based on criteria you set.
Example. I have one set for "Play 100 songs that are marked as never been played". Or "Play songs that I haven't listened to in 3 months". Or. "Play old favorites (5 stars) that I haven't listened to in 6 months". Or. "sy songs that were added to the library one year ago".
It's extremely powerful and something I've wanted for years.

That's all stuff I'm really not interested in,tbh. My Power Amp has the 10 band, cross fade, presets and all that stuff as well.
I've never really cared much about Album Art (I don't watch my music), tons of playlists and all that. I've got 1 playlist I use for walking and it's about 30 songs, so I never finish listening to it. Most times I just tap "all" if I'm starting over as with about 20gb of music on the phone there's a bunch of stuff I forget is there until it reaches it in ABC order so it's like having new music. With just about every genre except death mettle it's always changing as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right on. To each his own.
I have a ton, too. Around 16gb. I never use "normal playlists". Like you > Shuffle All.
But after owning a Rio Karma, ive longed for live Playlists. You really don't know how seriously freaking life changing it is the ways it was invented in the Karma. LOL RP can't do it as seamlessly as the Karma did but it's still pretty great. I know you'd use the s... Out of it if you tried a Karma. Having a large collection, it's easy to forget about some stuff. Using Rio Dj, as the feature was called, allowed you to curate a playlist on the fly (this feature is also called On The Fly Playlists). It was groundbreaking. Seriously.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Another example, I was playing the blues today and 5 starred a track. Then I thought "I should make a playlist of my best blues tunes". So I added it to a playlist . Create > add > name...
Oh wait. I then created an OTF playlist with 2 rules:
Genre = Blues.
Rating = 5.

Now all I have to do is 5 star a "Blues" track and it's automagically added to that playlist.
#bliss