Chromecast Turns Two; Google Celebrates with Free Movie Rental and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-chromecast-2-year-b-day.png

You know what happens when you have a birthday? You get presents! Today is apparently the birthday for the Google Chromecast as it has turned two! Instead of getting presents, Google is instead giving them away to celebrate the occasion.

Google is offering a free movie rental and access to 90 days of Play Music. What's really amazing is that Google is making this offer available for the rest of the year. It doesn't expire until December 31st.

Here's the link for more info and/or to take advantage of these offers: Offers from Chromecast

Gremlin

Reaction score
John Wick is available for rent but it won't let you .. bah

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just realized this is a duplicate story from the weekend, but I'll leave it up since there is activity.

John Wick was a very cool movie! It's definitely a "guy" flick, but there's nothing wrong with that! :D

I wonder why it won't let you rent it? Weird...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just realized this is a duplicate story from the weekend, but I'll leave it up since there is activity.

John Wick was a very cool movie! It's definitely a "guy" flick, but there's nothing wrong with that! :D

I wonder why it won't let you rent it? Weird...
Cross-poster!! :p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I ran into an issue this weekend trying to use it, Google CS is suppose to be addressing it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I honestly don't use mine except to redeem these free deals. Haha! Last time, I redeemed through the chromecast app, but then opened my library on my android tv to play the movie I decided to watch. I've already gotten more back in free movies/etc. than what I initially paid for the device, so I don't feel bad just leaving it plugged in and collecting dust, though it is handy on the rare occasion that I find myself needing it for something that's not as easily done with my smart tv or xbox one.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Just watched my free movie...American Sniper. Great movie.