Google Might Assist Samsung with Optimizing TouchWiz [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rumor-says-Google-might-help-Samsung-in-optimizing-TouchWiz.jpg

Despite the fact that Samsung has improved upon and cleaned up TouchWiz over its many iterations, it still leaves much to be desired. The biggest complaint is the hit in performance caused by TouchWiz. This is primarily due to weak memory management. According to the latest intel from various sources, that might change in the near future.

Supposedly, Google might actually team-up directly with Samsung in order to optimize TouchWiz. Here's a quote with a few more details,
The reason behind this alleged collaboration seems to be rather clear: TouchWiz UI is by far the most popular variation of Android worldwide and can be found on many an Android device worldwide, which means that the Average Joe and Plain Jane associate Android with Samsung's TouchWiz skin. Thus, having a better-performing and optimized TouchWiz will be help Android get an even better image, in theory at least.

What do you folks think of this if true? Is this a bit of favoritism on the part of Google, or simply good Android community building?

Source: Rumor says Google might help Samsung in optimizing TouchWiz

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wish Samsung would help Google with Multi-Window! -

I ran a TW Rom on my NoteII and it was pretty dang good ... YMMV

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Terrible idea. Wrong direction. Google should be pushing Samsung to go more vanilla Android.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Terrible idea. Wrong direction. Google should be pushing Samsung to go more vanilla Android.

TouchWiz is WAY more vanilla then it used to be. I think there are still a few other things in the UI that needs to be tweaked to make it shine better. If google could help them out with memory management, it will definitely be a much better interface.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TouchWiz is WAY more vanilla then it used to be. I think there are still a few other things in the UI that needs to be tweaked to make it shine better. If google could help them out with memory management, it will definitely be a much better interface.
It's behind the scenes areas that TW needs the most help with. "The Touch Wiz lag" is still there but less notable only due to faster processors and more ram. There's a big difference between an LG ui and Samsung one. It might be micro seconds but it's still glaring when side by side between the 2.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smart move, even though LG may be easier for them to work with, Google realize how important Samsung is. Right now Samsung is easily their mvp as they sell more Android phones and bring more exposure to Android than any other manufacturer in the state. If Samsung does well Android does well and it is the one company that can compete with Apple in the Enterprise market, a market they (Google) have been trying to get in for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk