Marshmallow Touchwiz For The Note 5 Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you own a T-mobile Galaxy Note 5 get ready to experience the Marshmallow version of Touchwiz! Just a few days ago the update was pushed to an XDA member's phone. He pulled the update and provided a system dump to the community who then built an odin flashable tar! Before installing this know that it will trip knox since it is using a non stock boot.img. This build does not have a recovery which could be dangerous.

While this is likely not a complete build we still get to see the long list of improvements Samsung is bringing to Touchwiz! The UI has been updated slightly and looks a bit cleaner. What really stands out about the new touchwiz is the improved benchmark scores and performance. This new build includes new animations, snappier performance, optimizations to multitasking (which has been a sore thumb for Samsung), and you can now customize shortcuts.

If you are the type of person that has to stay on the cutting edge no matter the cost grab the tar from the link below.

via XDA

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man, I got excited when I saw the persistent WIFI notification gone, but realized it was gone on the new and old. They are obviously rooted and removed it that way I suppose.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man, I got excited when I saw the persistent WIFI notification gone, but realized it was gone on the new and old. They are obviously rooted and removed it that way I suppose.
My Verizon Note 5 wifi notification is gone. You're able to turn it off from the settings I believe. I think it was one of the first things I did when I booted up the device.

edit: Yup, all I did was turn off Wifi Notifications.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can't you clear the "persistent" notification now? On my S4, it was ALWAYS there, but on the Note 4, they switched it so at least you could swipe it away and/or get rid of it with a "clear all." Is that not the case on the Note 5, or are you just bothered that it comes back randomly?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It won't let me swipe it away, it is always there taking up room on my notification panel. Clear does not take it away either. Nothing I can see in the settings to make it go.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's the one that's actually a notification that you're connected, right? That's crazy. I was so happy to get the Note 4 and be able to dismiss that. Can't believe they went back to making it stay there all the time.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

b57ebb6deb2f66c2a2ac53b0a10004d1.jpg

c277b548ba444183ffd794e08a1b22e8.jpg

Noted from my Note 5

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We had similar conversations when we all got our Note 4's. My VZW version didn't have the tabbed view in settings that all the videos showed you could switch to from the list view. @mountainbikermark thought I was nuts when I couldn't find it in my settings.

It's weird the small things they tweak for the different carriers. Here we though we'd moved beyond the days when even the body of a phone would be slightly different depending on which carrier you purchased it from, but we're still seeing these core functions/features/settings not match up on the variants.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Makes me sad because I really hate that persistent notification.