Google Maps Navigation

Kittysback

Reaction score
Hello. I've had my TBolt since the end of March. I've tested the Google Maps Navigation, but only from my work to my house... which is only a few miles. It worked well. We will be traveling to a location about 75 miles from home. I want to use the navigation. My question is, how will my battery be? I have a car charger, but will the navigation use power faster than it can charge, or will it be okay? I live in 3G network... will actually be traveling to a 4G network, but I have my phone set at 3G only, since that's the network I mostly use.

Thanks

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You will be able to charge and use navigation. Plug it in when you get in the car.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello. I've had my TBolt since the end of March. I've tested the Google Maps Navigation, but only from my work to my house... which is only a few miles. It worked well. We will be traveling to a location about 75 miles from home. I want to use the navigation. My question is, how will my battery be? I have a car charger, but will the navigation use power faster than it can charge, or will it be okay? I live in 3G network... will actually be traveling to a 4G network, but I have my phone set at 3G only, since that's the network I mostly use.

Thanks

I know the TB has some battery woes but I would think a 75 mile trip it would be able to do even without a charger. You won't have any issues.

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
Thanks!! So far I haven't been having battery issues like others (knock on wood), but I've never ran it for that long (75 miles, but probably close to 2 hours with traffic) straight. I plan to plug it in while using it.

Thanks again. :icon_ banana:

MrKleen

Reaction score
As the others have said, you will be fine. Navigation will not use the battery faster than it charges.

ionide

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you should be fine, but plug it in so that when you get there you can still use the phone without needing to charge.
I'd be more worried about being able to pick up a GPS signal.