1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Maps Navigation

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Kittysback, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

Hello. I've had my TBolt since the end of March. I've tested the Google Maps Navigation, but only from my work to my house... which is only a few miles. It worked well. We will be traveling to a location about 75 miles from home. I want to use the navigation. My question is, how will my battery be? I have a car charger, but will the navigation use power faster than it can charge, or will it be okay? I live in 3G network... will actually be traveling to a 4G network, but I have my phone set at 3G only, since that's the network I mostly use.

Thanks
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

You will be able to charge and use navigation. Plug it in when you get in the car.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I know the TB has some battery woes but I would think a 75 mile trip it would be able to do even without a charger. You won't have any issues.
  4. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

Thanks!! So far I haven't been having battery issues like others (knock on wood), but I've never ran it for that long (75 miles, but probably close to 2 hours with traffic) straight. I plan to plug it in while using it.

Thanks again. :icon_ banana:
  5. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

As the others have said, you will be fine. Navigation will not use the battery faster than it charges.
  6. ionide

ionide New Member

Oh yeah, you should be fine, but plug it in so that when you get there you can still use the phone without needing to charge.
    I'd be more worried about being able to pick up a GPS signal.
Search tags for this page
does google maps cost money on android

does google maps navigation cost money

does google navigation cost money to use
does maps navigation cost money
does navigation cost money android
how to use google navigation on droid 4g
how to use maps on htc thunderbolt
why won't my maps/navigation talk to me on my razr