Google maps keeps saying "please allow google apps location access"

Erikbal

Reaction score
I guess this is the first time I've tried to use google maps since the upgrade to JB. Anyways when I hit the button that pinpoints your location it keeps saying ''please allow google apps location access''. So I went to my location settings and I have all 3 of them checked, and the GPS turned on and it won't bring up my location. When I type in a destination and hit directions it usually would have an option for my location under the start spot, but now it doesn't. I also tried turning the phone off and back on as well. Anyone have any advice or ideas? I REALLY want to be able to use the GPS on my phone, that's a big thing for me. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Here's a screen shot of my location settings. Also I noticed that even though I have my GPS turned on, there is no icon at the top of the screen like there used to be...View attachment 61748

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Ok in case anyone else has this problem I figured it out. Under settings go to google, then location settings, then turn the location on. It must have gotten turned off somehow with this update, glad I figured it out. All is well now.