1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google maps keeps saying "please allow google apps location access"

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Erikbal, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

I guess this is the first time I've tried to use google maps since the upgrade to JB. Anyways when I hit the button that pinpoints your location it keeps saying ''please allow google apps location access''. So I went to my location settings and I have all 3 of them checked, and the GPS turned on and it won't bring up my location. When I type in a destination and hit directions it usually would have an option for my location under the start spot, but now it doesn't. I also tried turning the phone off and back on as well. Anyone have any advice or ideas? I REALLY want to be able to use the GPS on my phone, that's a big thing for me. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

Here's a screen shot of my location settings. Also I noticed that even though I have my GPS turned on, there is no icon at the top of the screen like there used to be... View attachment 61748

3. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

Ok in case anyone else has this problem I figured it out. Under settings go to google, then location settings, then turn the location on. It must have gotten turned off somehow with this update, glad I figured it out. All is well now.

Search tags for this page
allow google to access location
allow google to use my location
droid razr maps location access
enable google maps location access

google apps location access

google maps enable location access
how to enable google apps location access
let google apps access your location
location access keeps turning on
location google app