Google Maps - Saving Existing Location

techchallenged

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Google Maps allows you to save your existing location as a "favorite"? For instance, if I'm at a coffeeshop and want to save my location, using a GPS, I can save my current location. I tried doing that with my droid but couldn't figure it out. Thoughts?

Gratchf703

Reaction score
favorite locations

If you do a long press on the screen, you would go to applications and maps(i believe), here you can record your location as a favorite

OP
T

techchallenged

Reaction score
I tried that. When I do a long press, the options I get are "show on map; get directions, navigate, street view, what's nearby, report a problem." No option to save location as a favorite.

Jtosta

Reaction score
Works for me, i type in the address. Gmaps finds the location. I click it and "add as contact" enter whatever information i want to have and then i can either go to gmaps or my contacts to get directions to the spots. Seems simple enough for me.

keithd352

Reaction score
i'd like to know how to clear navagational end points from both google maps, and the car home. i've tried everything to clear adresses, and nothing seems to work. the location saves in the layers option in google maps, and is rather annoying that you can't delete. the same goes for car home. anyone know how to delete?

mark729

Reaction score
menu button / layer / uncheck what u want.

i'd like to know how to clear navagational end points from both google maps, and the car home. i've tried everything to clear adresses, and nothing seems to work. the location saves in the layers option in google maps, and is rather annoying that you can't delete. the same goes for car home. anyone know how to delete?

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Google Maps allows you to save your existing location as a "favorite"? For instance, if I'm at a coffeeshop and want to save my location, using a GPS, I can save my current location. I tried doing that with my droid but couldn't figure it out. Thoughts?

Install My Maps Editor from the Market. It will allow you to save your current GPS as a Favorite in your Google My Maps. When in Maps, you just enable the My Maps layer and you will see your favorites and can navigate to them, etc.

Doing it this way will also make the favorites available via Google Maps on your PC/Mac.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Also take a look at Google Address Book in the market.

keithd352

Reaction score
menu button / layer / uncheck what u want.

that doesn't do the trick. they will not delete. they are still there.

sustained

Reaction score

Just a guess but try:

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

choose Maps > then Clear Cache

Last edited:

Newps

Reaction score
Nope, that's not it. It shows my cache as zero already.

i777fatty

Reaction score

No need to delete the app :) To clear your search history, go to (from the Home screen) Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then hit Menu again and choose then hit Menu again and choose 'Filters'. Choose 'all', and then scroll through the list to find 'Maps'. Select that, and then on the next screen press 'Clear data' and confirm.* through the list to find 'Maps'. Select that, and then on the next screen press'Clear data' and confirm.

Thanks to Thom from Google!

Russ2387

Reaction score
if you long press your location on map it will bring up a menu. {trying to remember, phone not in front of me} next to address there will be a "blank star". press star. it will turn star to gold color. it then will be stored in favorites. similar to favorites in contacts

EAK

Reaction score
For some reason when I long press an address (like my house), it does not give me the exact address for that point, it just gives me a nearby business name, but still no address. Just wanted to know if it's the same for everyone else or am I doing something wrong?