Google maps draining battery.

Darksthour

Reaction score
So i woke up this morning after charging my phone overnight and my battery was only at 70%. Now I'm not sure if that's because of this or if I just knocked the charger loose. However it got me to look at my battery consumption overnight and i saw that google maps was using 50% of my battery and I never opened the app since I have gotten the phone. I should also point out that I am rooted and have the bloatware frozen. Anyone know what would cause that to run and destroy my battery life? I force closed the app so we shall see if it was a fluke happening.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
So i woke up this morning after charging my phone overnight and my battery was only at 70%. Now I'm not sure if that's because of this or if I just knocked the charger loose. However it got me to look at my battery consumption overnight and i saw that google maps was using 50% of my battery and I never opened the app since I have gotten the phone. I should also point out that I am rooted and have the bloatware frozen. Anyone know what would cause that to run and destroy my battery life? I force closed the app so we shall see if it was a fluke happening.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I am having the same issue. Google Maps was ~40% yesterday and today of my usage. Normally Cell Standby is by far the highest. I am sure it has to do with some bloatware that I have frozen, so I am going to thaw out a few of the most likely culprits and start there. Here is my list of frozen bloatware:

• Amazon Kindle
  • Apps (Verizon)
  • Blockbuster
  • Books
  • Citrix
  • City ID
  • GoToMeeting
  • Guided Tour
  • Help Center
  • IM
  • IM Presence
  • MOTOPRINT
  • My Verizon Mobile
  • News
  • NFL Mobile
  • Skype Mobile
  • Slacker
  • Social Location
  • Social Status
  • Text Messaging
  • V Cast Media Manager
  • V Cast Music
  • V Cast Games
  • V Cast Tones
  • V Cast Videos
  • VZ Navigator

Would you mind posting a list of the apps that you have frozen that are on this list? That way I can know which to start with.

The other thing is that my battery doesn't seem to be draining faster than before root. But the first day I rooted it was incredible. I think after that I might have frozen a few more apps and that is why I am back down to pre-root battery life.

bkcorwin

Reaction score
Nope

I posted about this issue before root was available.

Basically same issue, when I upgraded googlemaps it started consuming like 50% of my battery life despite never being used.

This is stock non rooted device.

nednarb

Reaction score
in settings, location, do you guys have the google locations checked? i don't check any of those, and i never have maps battery drain. maps don't run unless i open it, and thats because i don't have google locations checked.

Dmw017

Reaction score
Yeah ijust went ahead and froze that app when I saw it was constantly running and using cpu lol -..-

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
It has gone away for me so I have no idea what caused it. Maybe when I first froze some app it freaked out, I don't know. It seems reasonable now though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

RadzPrower

Reaction score
I have Google loctions set up on my phone but according to my battery history Google Maps has not run even once. I checked this thread out because a co-worker of mine has the same problem with his D3 he just bought last week.