Google Maps 4.2 Install Fail

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade to Google Maps 4.2 but it won't download, message I get says install fails. I've tried battery pull, doing it on 3G and on WiFi. No go.

I saw one other person with this issue this morning doing a Google. So either the server is not working or something else is going on.

Any answers? Perhaps a .apk file?

bracemg

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - I was afraid this was something to do with the fact that I recently tried to drop the maps file in the /system/app folder to theme it. Sounds like a google issue - makes me feel a little better i.e. i didn't mess up my phone...

Last edited by a moderator:

Domestic violence

Reaction score
why isnt my Google Maps update installing?

keeps alerting me that the download failed.

any ideas?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Many are having this issue right now, could be many variables (I know there is a satellite that has gone postal in space just recently) but it's some sort of network issue. Just hang tight and there will be a fix soon.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just spotted another thread on this issue. Got to be server related.

bama29

Reaction score
This morning after noticing the Update icon, I had three "download Failed" messages on three separate download attempts. I decided to worry about it after coffee...

Well when I checked after I finished the morning paper and obligatory cup of coffee, I had the download successfully was completed icon in the system information bar. I had not retried the download manually. Apparently it kept checking on it's own until it was able to download the upgrade.

May have been servers overloaded early this A.M.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
anyone want to try the backup apk. i installed it yesterday i think and it went fine.