Google Listen - Quickly Replacing My Ipod

Maxbender

Reaction score
With the newly updated 'Listen' application from Google, I can just about ditch the Ipod. Works pretty smooth and is a significant improvement over the previous version.

I listen to a lot of Podcasts and one issue I have with Itunes is that when you subscribe to a particular Podcast - you have to take everything and can't easily pick which episodes you want. Listen requires slightly more manipulation but I can easily que up specific things I want to hear. The interface with Google Reader is a nice addition as well. The Ipod is still king for portablility - i.e. working out, jogging etc. But I am using the Droid for more and more of my media use.

The NPR application is pretty cool for those of you who are fans. Try listening to a local NPR station live with the Ipod.

I would like to have the ability to que up Podcasts to the Droid via Google Reader - that would be a helpful tool for me.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...The NPR application is pretty cool for those of you who are fans. Try listening to a local NPR station live with the Ipod.

For those who haven't checked it lately, the NPR News app now supports streaming from hundreds of NPR stations. :icon_ banana: The earlier version only supported podcasts and news reports from NPR.

justbob

Reaction score
Yes the new version of Google Listen is pretty nice. I definitely like the integration with Google Reader as well.

Regarding queuing things up: If you fire-up Listen and pick the "My Listen Items" menu, and then press the little round green arrow next to "Fresh Items", you can set how often it checks for and downloads new content. It's set to manual by default, but you can set it to as often as every hour if you like.

dbertola

Reaction score
What app can I use for my Motorola Droid to listen to NPR and PBS (both public stations in the Bay Area)? I have tried RadioTime but it fails so frequently it isn't worth the hassle. Looking for something better.