1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I Transfer Music From My IPod to my Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tjp5199, Jan 3, 2013.

1. tjp5199

tjp5199 New Member

Hi all. I have an early iPod touch with all of my music and apps on it. I just received a Droid HTC from a friend. I can't afford to activate the Droid and use the phone capabilities on it, but my iPod and its iOS are so old that new apps don't provide functionality for it. I'm hoping to use this Droid as my new iPod. I've been using Google Play to download apps and such since I can't do anything through the Verizon app store, since I don't have a Verizon account.

Now, my iTunes library is an absolute mess. I download mp3 files, transfer them to my iPod and then delete these files, which has led to my iTunes library containing drastically different songs (it really doesn't have any actual songs) than I actually have on my iPod. The two aren't synced.

So, I'm wondering if anybody can direct toward some software or an application that will allow me to transfer music directly from my iPod touch (running iOS 4.2.1 if that matters) to this Droid? I've heard about doubleTwist but haven't given it a shot as I'm not sure what it actually does and if it will fix my problem. I really don't want to risk downloading all of these mp3 files again, either. And obviously, I can't do anything that will transfer the music from my iTunes library.

Does anybody have any advice? Thank you!

TJ
  2. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

I have no solution to your problem, but I can clarify on DoubleTwist for you, at least what I know of it (no hands on experience). DoubleTwist lets you transfer your iTunes library to your Android device, so in short, it doesn't really fix your current problem.

However, if you don't mind starting your library over, you can transfer songs from your iPod to iTunes THEN use DoubleTwist. Follow these instructions if you want to go that route: How to Transfer Music From Ipod to Itunes | eHow.com
  3. tjp5199

tjp5199 New Member

Thanks for the advice, dezymond. I have no problem starting over with my iTunes library, so transferring music from my iPod to iTunes would work. Unfortunately, the "show hidden files" trick doesn't work. I believe it's because I'm using an iPod touch, and that doesn't work as just an external harddrive to the computer like older iPods did. Although if the trick works with iPhones then I'm probably wrong.

I've been scouring the internet but unfortunately I haven't found any other way to transfer music from my Touch to iTunes without paying for software.
  4. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

Hmmm, did a quick search and browsed a bit, you seem to be right. For some reason the iTouch acts differently, as I'm guessing it uses a full version of iOS.

Sorry couldn't have been of more help
  5. iamjoe

iamjoe New Member

If you have a mac, you can purchase (yes you have to purchase software) iMacsoft iPod to Mac Transfer imacSoft.png
    That will enable you to have all you rmusic on your desktop and then you can send it to your DROID. If you have a PC, I just saw this

4Media iPod to PC Transfer - CNET Download.com

I searched for a while to do the same thing adn I ended up buying the iMacsoft app.
  6. CarolHarry

CarolHarry New Member

Search tags for this page

can i transfer music from ipod to android

can i transfer music from my ipod to my android phone
can i transfer my ipod songs to my droid
how can i download music from my android to my ipod
how do i transfer music from my ipod to my android
how do i transfer music from my ipod to my android phone
how do i transfer music from my ipod touch to my android pho
how to share music from my android to.my ipod touch
how to transfer music from ipod to android