Transfer music from my Droid Charge to my itunes Library/ipod?

Siobhan

Reaction score
I may be in the wrong forum, and if so, I apologize. Somehow I have managed to wipe clean all the music on my ipod and can no longer find most of my Library! I do have a lot of music on my Droid Charge, though, which I transfered from my itunes Library. Now I'd like to transfer it back -- can it be done, and if so, how? Thanks for your help!

JRParsons

Reaction score
Plug the phone into the computer with iTunes. Transfer the music files to the computer. I use the "music" folder on my computer.
Depending on how the Charge is recognized by the computer, you may just be able to "drag and drop" the files into the music folder on the computer. There is also a good app in the play store called "wifi file transfer" this will allow you to download the files using your computer's browser.
Once the files are on your computer, open iTunes, click file, add file to iTunes library, browse to the files (songs), choose them all, then open. This will place all the songs in iTunes, you will then have to sync your ipod to the iTunes.
Hope this made sense, I did it from memory on my phone, I don't have my computer on so I may have missed a step. If so, I'm sure someone smarter than me will correct me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Should be pretty straight forward...connect the Android phone to the computer with the iTunes installed, drag the music from the phone to the iTunes folder. You're done.

Edit: Oops, that's what I get for composing, then stopping to do something else, coming back and hitting the "post" button.

OP
S

Siobhan

Reaction score
Thank you both...you're right: it's very straightforward and I got 'em all transferred. I was paranoid because my iTunes library and my iPod both got totally wiped clean for no reason that was apparent to me. Luckily I had some of it on my phone, but am still missing most of it :mad:! So I very much appreciate both your responses...thank you!

Winhhyy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc
First of all, plug your phone into your computer using a USB cable.
1. Open your documents
2. Open your music library
3. Under 'My Music' go to your iTunes folder
4. Open the folder iTunes media
5. Open the folder music
6. In here, you will see folders of the artists from your iTunes library. Click on the desired one.
7. This will bring you to folders of the albums written by the artist you chose in step 5, click the one you want.
8. Here will be a list of songs with icons that look like white pieces of paper with a blue music note on them.
9. From here, you'll have to look to the left side of the window under 'computer'. This will be a list of hard drives and other devices in/connected to your computer. One should be the name of your phone or something noticeably similar.How Transfer Music from Android to iTunes
10. Pick the desired song and drag it over the hard drive of your phone listed in step
11. From here the song will automatically sinc to your phone's music library.
You can also following step to How to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes
Nice sharing !

Last edited by a moderator: