Google Glass Explorer Edition Now Includes Open Availability to All U.S. Residents

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-glass-landing-page.png

Google's "still experimental" product, the Google Glass, has now been made openly available to all U.S. residents. It's still considered a beta product and it still will set you back $1,500 clams. Of course, if you have been excited to try out this product but couldn't score an invite (or missed out on buying when Google had their one day open availability sale), then now there is nothing holding you back.

Sound off if you plan on getting one of these, and/or if you already do.

Source: https://glass.google.com/getglass/shop/glass

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
They better get the random reboots under control or they're going to end up with a lot of RMA's.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I won't be buying this, for only one reason: the price. Do you know how much cool, and USEFUL, technology I could get with $1500? I could get a new phone, tablet, AND TV with that--all of which I would use more than Google Glass.
Plus, I'd never lay out that much coin for something that is essentially a pair of sunglasses: I lose/misplace/break those all the time. No.
I always set a mental price limit on how much I'll pay for things I want. $1,500 isn't anywhere on the list.