Google Chrome Browser

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I am just curious if anyone is using Google Chrome browser and what they thought about it. I just installed it on my hp laptop with Win7 and I kinda like it so far. Seems a little snappier. I think Toms Hardware Guide rated it the best. Seems cleaner. Any thoughts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's all I use now....nothing better :D

drummerq

Reaction score
yea, i started using chrome like three weeks ago and its sweet.

I like the favorites bar and extensions
if you haven't gotten any extensions you should look into it
I also think its a little faster

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never mind...you're talking about computer version. I love Firefox personally.

Last edited:

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using it since it was on the Dev Channel on OS X (just became Beta recently) and thoroughly impressed with it. I used Safari only because it is so fast but Chrome has bookmark syncing and extensions now, so Chrome is all I use.

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Extensions? I'll have to look into that. Good to hear some positive feedback.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Google Chrome

I use a variant called ChromePlus that has a few tweaks. (www.chromeplus.org) I like to try the various browser offerings at least once. I've used them all except Safari. (not a Mac guy)

This one ROCKS! I've been a die-hard FireFox fan for years but this one has knocked it off the top of my list for now. I still keep FF and have updated to the 3.6 version.

The only downside I've found so far is that the dev for RoboForm Pro password manager has not written a module that works in Chrome yet. Soon I hope! Then it will be perfect.

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on ChromePlus. I just found another thing I like about this over IE, is the ability to grab a tab with the mouse and open another window. And then put it back! I've always wanted to do that.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I installed it in my computer an honestly didn't like it personally I am firefox fan an was a swiftweasle fan for abit an tried opera but I gotta say firefox works better for viewin videos an doing other things online I am. The kinda guy who like to watch a movie or a show while I cruise the internet an I tried to with google chrome I had two windows open one window playen the movie jennifers body an the other looking at some specs on a camero I'm planing to rebuild an it was terrible the film was skippy an slow needless to say I closed it an tried the same thing on fire fox to see if it was my new comp but low an behold I ran the same links an the video play was as smooth as butter! An I lost little speed on the browsing end so that's why I'm not a fan of chrome I still say fire fox is faster

sportadic22

Reaction score
google chrome... alll i use.. except for a FEW websites that dont support chrome.
some school websites dont for some reason.

google chrome..hands down.

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
That's funny you mentioned school websites. I have an online class and for the most it loads up right, but when I try to go into send a message to the teacher, it wouldn't work right. I had to open up IE to send the teacher a message. Other than that everything works good.

REARless

Reaction score
I LOVE Chrome. I use it for exclusively except for some sites, like my corporate intranet, that it does not work with.

FYI, if you are using Chrome, do a search for the Chrome Android theme.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Is there a 64 bit build of Chrome? If so, does it support Flash? That'd be awesome!