google chrome or any other browser on lapdock

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
Just got the bionic lapdock, not a big Firefox fan. Any way to put google chrome, or another browser on there. Does ics have chrome built in, seems stupid that moto would leave that out

amsolo

Reaction score
From what I know, Chrome will run on ICS only. So, you would run Chrome on the phone 'window' on the LapTop. That 'window' can be maximized. Doesn't change the FireFox on Webtop.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Firefox runs like crap on my 50 buck Bionic lapdock.
Maybe the ics ota will help. Waiting patiently, cause I'm not much of a developer guy. Easy jailbreaking my daughter's iphone4. Rooting androids sounds like a pain in the butt. Inputting from my bionic phone instead of the lapdock. Much easier.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Firefox runs like crap on my 50 buck Bionic lapdock.
Maybe the ics ota will help. Waiting patiently, cause I'm not much of a developer guy. Easy jailbreaking my daughter's iphone4. Rooting androids sounds like a pain in the butt. Inputting from my bionic phone instead of the lapdock. Much easier.

yeah it is a pain just to left click your mouse then hit space bar.. such a pain to do...look up motofail for bionic ota .905 and under.. razrs_egde for ics. there both 1 click root methods.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just use the stock (or Boat) browser from the phone, rather than using the installed FF (although I use FF on my PC).

deduct

Reaction score
walkerstempe said:
Thanks for your positive help info, unlike "bb".

I agree with bb here. It is super easy to root bionic with moto fail.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

unbesorgt

Reaction score
ICS upgrades you to Webtop 3.0, which no longer uses Firefox. It works great with Chrome. You can get it now by flashing one of the ICS leaks, or wait for the OTA. Personally I'm using the .2233 leak with the Lapdock 500 and loving it.

BTW, you don't have to be rooted to flash one of the ICS leaks.

dberthia

Reaction score
So, what exactly are the browser restrictions with Webtop 3.0? I'm mainly interested in Dolphin HD, since it supports LastPass, which I find invaluable. I'll be rooted, BTW.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Any browser that works on your phone will work on ICS on the lapdock. I've used dolphin, chrome, and the stock browser on the 230 ics leak and all three are decent.
I also agree that it's very easy and quick to root my bionic, and just as easy to jailbreak my iPhone. Not a pain in the butt by any means.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums