Google Calendar To Do Lists.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the new update it adds the ability.
My question is does it sound useful to you?
I'm gonna start writing my work schedule there as well as Color Note for comparison on how it notifies me. It seems intriguing and might be what I seek for notifications on my Gear S as a reminder . My Notes in Gear still dominates lists as I can edit or start a list on either phone or watch but this looks like a nice addition to the Google Calendar.
Thoughts? Feedback?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I already put my work schedule in as calendar entries. I did just notice the blue/white finger with Reminder next to it. Completely ignored it until I read your post. I'm going to use it for my shopping list and see how it goes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As soon as I updated my calendar app it displayed my Tasks from the Keep app that I forgot to mark as complete a long time ago. This new feature may be handy at times, having a to do list right there with calendar events.

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I really really need to start using a calendar more than I do. About all I do is look at dates. I don't save any info on it like I should. I was doing it for a while for schedule and reminders but never did it enough to make it a habit.

I think it is a great feature and can't believe it took them this long to add it

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes its useful to me. I have been using reminders first when Google now started offering them and then they integrated them into inbox which I also liked. I think its about time for them to show up in calendar as well. I use google reminders daily!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I use my calendar for reminders all the time. Very helpful. I like that I can add a notification to remind me of a reminder 10 min or an hour before I need to be reminded.

S5 tap'n
That's a lot of reminding for a reminder that you need reminded of.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got no reminder for my schedule today, but it's no biggie because I know I don't have a day off until Christmas day. I guess I'm going to have to dig deep into some hidden setting somewhere that I've evidently got turned off because reminders for everything else are working as expected. My last day off was back in November so I might just be tired and missing something obvious. Glad to see others are liking the feature as well. I'll be using it more for "at a glance future dates" so the reminder that I'll keep Color Note reminders for until I figure it out.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wish it was more of a reminder with tasks. This doesn't do much more than what I was doing by creating events.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It looks like they incorporated the Keep app into the Calendar now. If you create a new Keep task (with a checklist, pic reminder, etc) and set a reminder it instantly shows up in your calendar now. That's the part that may be helpful, seeing reminders from all G Apps in one calendar.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It looks like they incorporated the Keep app into the Calendar now. If you create a new Keep task (with a checklist, pic reminder, etc) and set a reminder it instantly shows up in your calendar now. That's the part that may be helpful, seeing reminders from all G Apps in one calendar.
I removed Keep when I got rid of a bunch of other crap, like Talkback.
Readding to see if this helps.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I really don't make to-do lists. We use Google Calendar for everything though. My wife's work schedule varies, so we have a shared calendar that she puts that in, as well as any events that have to do with my stepson (dr appointments, school music programs, etc) and I put in stuff that will make me unavailable as well. We do that as events.

If I need a reminder, like to pick something up, I just use Google Now and tell it to remind me when I get home or remind me when I leave work or remind me at a certain time.

Not sure I need this functionality that they just added, but good to know it's there if I do.

I like the thought that it's integrated with keep. I do use keep for jotting down quick notes of things I want to remember, so if I were to create a to-do list, I'd likely to it there.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I also like the fact that it's connected to my Echo, which is located near the kitchen. So when I'm making my morning cup of java, Alexa informs me of all my tasks or events for the day.
I removed Keep when I got rid of a bunch of other crap, like Talkback.
Readding to see if this helps.
I did the same thing.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is why I like the new functionality. I never used Google Keep until I bought a smart watch. Now I use it once or twice a week to take a quick note while driving to / from work using my watch...stay hands free kids...safety is important. My boss jokes about my "light bulb moments" while driving and listening to music. Keep would remind me about the note, no problems there. I have also used Google Now to set reminders and that works good too. Now, if I set the reminder using Keep or Google Now they show up in my Calendar app / widget, all in one place.:cool:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I also like the fact that it's connected to my Echo, which is located near the kitchen. So when I'm making my morning cup of java, Alexa informs me of all my tasks or events for the day.

S5 tap'n

I didn't know you could incorporate your Google calendar into the Echo. Cool. I knew I should have bought one of those when I was waiting for my invite. :(