Is There An App For This?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I'd like to do is have my phone notify me in the notification bar at 12.01 a.m. of my upcoming schedule for the day. I use Color Note for my work schedule and it notifies me at 12.01 on the days I work. Since my schedule changes constantly I don't want to have to settle for changing notify times every time I put in a new event.
I don't mind using Google or Samsung calendar if need be with an app tied to them because I can still get agenda view for other things besides my work schedule from those calendars.
Thanks in advance because I'm not sure what to put in for a search on the Play Store.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You use Google Now, don't you? Use that and Google Calendar. Every morning, when I wake up, my agenda's showing in Google Now. Which means it's also showing on my AW watch. You can also tell GN to "Show me my agenda" at any time and bring it back up if you clear it away.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but if it's notifying you at 12:01am, I'm assuming you're waking up at a "normal" time and seeing the agenda for the day? GN and Google Calendar do this for me.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You use Google Now, don't you? Use that and Google Calendar. Every morning, when I wake up, my agenda's showing in Google Now. Which means it's also showing on my AW watch. You can also tell GN to "Show me my agenda" at any time and bring it back up if you clear it away.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but if it's notifying you at 12:01am, I'm assuming you're waking up at a "normal" time and seeing the agenda for the day? GN and Google Calendar do this for me.
No I don't use GN. I'll give that a shot. Thank you.
What Color Note does is a notification in the bar and when I tap it it shows a pop-up on the screen that I can "X" out and it's gone or just tap anywhere else and it goes back up to the notification bar. Since I keep my Nova full screen there's no notification bar until I tap it or pull it down so I'm not awoken to a full screen notification like my Google calendar does with dismiss or snooze options only and no current time.
I'll post a screen shot of tomorrows agenda, since there's nothing today and I'm off work, to show what I mean.
Color Note is working fine but I'd like to incorporate the auto email portion of Google and Samsung calendars and my simple, minimal notifications in CN without a full screen pop up.
I hope what's in my brain is transferring to the s pen correctly and I'm not writing gibberish.
1f52ce07e53e60e481dc7bc5dd62b67e.jpg

And you hit it on the head,I want it on my watch using Gear Notification Extender. GNE dismisses the notification on both my phone and watch when I set CN to show on the watch and check it on the watch. Gear Store has an app for it but it's $3 and I'd rather go another route if possible because the Tizen solution would force me to use another watch face from the one I've got now to work it right. That'd be great if I'm was an agenda junky but I just want it simple and minimal.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Of course, I also use the full screen widget for Google Calendar on one of my homescreens. I work the same schedule every week, but the wife's varies. We've got a shared calendar that she puts her schedule and other things I need to know about in there and I put things in there she needs to be aware of. Having the widget lets me scroll through the next week or so and see her schedule pretty quickly.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Of course, I also use the full screen widget for Google Calendar on one of my homescreens. I work the same schedule every week, but the wife's varies. We've got a shared calendar that she puts her schedule and other things I need to know about in there and I put things in there she needs to be aware of. Having the widget lets me scroll through the next week or so and see her schedule pretty quickly.
Me too. Did you copy the idea from my phone? I like the calendar widget and GN agenda, both work good. I do wish Color Note had more AW functionality. Maybe one day it will?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why I want to incorporate the email part. Her schedule is regular, mine is all over the place, she doesn't use any calendars , and never will, but does appreciate the reminders. For that matter if someone had a "send as text" option for events they'd rule the agenda world. As it is now I'm writing my schedule down twice, once on CN for me, the other on Google calendar for her. I'm kinda her boy Friday for doctors appointments and stuff also since I'm so anal about writing everything down. She has an iPhone. I have an s pen. If I had an iPhone I'd be just as forgetful and not write anything down. Tap type tap type tap type? No thank you.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
See, I'm the opposite. I HATE those email reminders. I think it was my S4 that the Samsung calendar defaulted to email me reminders for EVERY new event. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't setup all of my monthly bills and everything before realizing it was doing it. I'm getting the notification on my phone. I don't need a notification that I've also sent myself and email reminder.

That's a bummer that your wife won't use a calendar. That'd make it a lot easier to bridge the gap between android and ios for you guys. I really love the widget for quick glances at the upcoming week. I actually tend to dismiss the GN notifications because I've almost always already looked at the calendar widget the night before. But, if she's got an iphone, she doesn't even have the option of putting a calendar widget on a screen and having it their for reference...

Gramesmith

Reaction score
You can use Google Calendar. You may also try these apps too. These are also some effective apps.
Schedule Planne
TimeTable
Doodle