Google Calendar Reminders - help!

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by brianjcohen, Jan 28, 2010.

1. brianjcohen

brianjcohen Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Hi all, I am having a couple of glitches with the Google Calendar app and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

1. I created an event via the Web, on my computer. My calendar is currently configured to *not* automatically set any reminders for new events. I opened the Calendar app on the Droid, scrolled down to that new event, clicked it, and under "Reminders" I clicked "Add reminder", which slides in a 30 minute reminder. That looked good, so I hit the "Back" hard button. The app said "Saving event...". When I touch the event again, the reminder isn't there. If I hit Menu and then Edit Event, Add Reminder, then Done, the reminder is properly saved. Is this a bug?

2. Reminders created in this fashion (added via the Droid) appear to be created as type "Pop-Up". Unfortunately, that means that when the reminder fires, I get a Javascript alert on my computer's browser *and* an on-screen notification on my Droid. Is there any way to make it so that reminders appear on-screen only on my Droid?
Search tags for this page
android calendar alarms
android calendar reminder won't go off
calendar google android app reminder
calendar notification won't go away androir
calendar reminders android
droid razr calendar no reminders

google android calendar reminders

google calendar android reminder

google calendar reminder android
google calendar reminder won't go away