Google Calendar Sync

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by miniflyboy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. miniflyboy

miniflyboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything that addressed this exactly.

When I had a palm, I would put something in Google Calendar and in a matter of seconds the event would pop up on my phone and vice versa.

With google calendar and the droid, I have to put it in, hit the sync button, refresh the screen on my PC etc. It seems it would be easier if I just put the event in my phone and then in Google calendar separately, but then this defeats the purpose of the sync. Am I doing this wrong or do I not have it set up properly? Has anyone else had this issue? Is it just designed to take time?

Mike

2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike, it should work both ways no problem, something must not be set up properly, ill have to sit down with you sometime and go thorugh your settings, etc. I had Google Calendars synced on my previous phone (iPhone 3GS) and my Droid and putting in information syncs both on the phone and online (And iCal :) ) If youre on AIM or anything let me know

3. tstagijjm

tstagijjm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a new Droid user. I cannot get the calendar to sync at all. I'm sure my settings must be wrong. Can anyone walk me through this?

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
  5. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you have sync on your phone turned on. (menu > settings > accounts and sync) ..... turn background data and auto-sync on, then click your gmail account at the bottom and make sure the box is checked for sync calendar.

6. tstagijjm

tstagijjm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo. Thanks.