Google Calendar Sync

miniflyboy

Reaction score
I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything that addressed this exactly.

When I had a palm, I would put something in Google Calendar and in a matter of seconds the event would pop up on my phone and vice versa.

With google calendar and the droid, I have to put it in, hit the sync button, refresh the screen on my PC etc. It seems it would be easier if I just put the event in my phone and then in Google calendar separately, but then this defeats the purpose of the sync. Am I doing this wrong or do I not have it set up properly? Has anyone else had this issue? Is it just designed to take time?

Mike

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mike, it should work both ways no problem, something must not be set up properly, ill have to sit down with you sometime and go thorugh your settings, etc. I had Google Calendars synced on my previous phone (iPhone 3GS) and my Droid and putting in information syncs both on the phone and online (And iCal :) ) If youre on AIM or anything let me know

tstagijjm

Reaction score
I am a new Droid user. I cannot get the calendar to sync at all. I'm sure my settings must be wrong. Can anyone walk me through this?

ShowTime

Reaction score
I am a new Droid user. I cannot get the calendar to sync at all. I'm sure my settings must be wrong. Can anyone walk me through this?

Make sure you have sync on your phone turned on. (menu > settings > accounts and sync) ..... turn background data and auto-sync on, then click your gmail account at the bottom and make sure the box is checked for sync calendar.