Google Calendar Glitch/Problem! :(

nakagaki

Reaction score
Hello Droidites,

My Google Calendar is acting strange today, let me explain. I bought my Droid and synced my Google calendars and contacts with Droid 4 days ago. Well today I noticed that I didn’t input a birthday for one of my contacts (whose birthday is today BTW) so I head to my PC and input it thru Gmail.

The only problem is that the contacts’ birthday hasn’t synced with my Droid calendar and it’s been 30 minutes (All of my other contact B-Days are on there just fine). The birthday shows up on my Google Calendar via my PC but not my Droid. I am guessing it is some sort of glitch or something.

To remedy this problem I:
- Power cycled my Droid
- Uncheck then rechecked Contact’s birthday and events on my droid
- Erased the contact (on the PC) and reentered all the information
- Signed out and in of Google Calendar and Gmail

NONE OF WHICH WORKED! When I erased the contact (via PC) it synced with my Droid and erased the contact from my phone automatically. When I reentered the contact (via PC) it showed up automatically on my Droid contacts list and even showed the birthday of the contact in the contacts list, but it doesn’t show it on the Calendar on my Droid! (Hope I didn’t lose you their! LoL)

I am getting pretty irritated because it’s not syncing like it should be (and yes I have coverage). Any suggestions?

y6y6y6

Reaction score
Mine is sync'ing in less than a minute. In both directions. So I can tell you that the phone and the Google calendar are set up to sync as you'd expect.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you. I haven't made any special settings for mine. Pretty much right out of the box in terms of options.

OP
N

nakagaki

Reaction score
:*( This sucks :( It was working fine last night, now it stops syncing only Birthdays? It doens't make sense...

OP
N

nakagaki

Reaction score
It gets stranger, none of my birthdays are syncing at all now. It shows all the birthdays I had entered before today but any changes on birthday’s I make today, it stops working. For instance I changed my birthday from June 4 to June 5th to see if it would sync and it didn’t.

Hmm The only thing I did last night on my Droid was update the Amazon App =\

Bishoptrue

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I added some more birthdays, they show up in Google calander, but they don't sync to my droid. It's like after a certain date they just quit working. I haven't been able to find a fix yet. Also, I noticed that on the Droid the birthdays display year first, such as 1970-01-13. I can't find any way to change this. The birthdays show up as 01-13-1970 in Gmail contacts. I'm sure in time I'll figure/work it out, but it's a tad irratating. :)

nkgangew

Reaction score
app killer?
I had an App Killer but I unstalled it a few days ago. Are you suggesting I kill the calendar app?

I think this person is suggesting NOT using an app killer as they can cause a world of problems to andriod devices, especially if not used correctly. I could go into detail as to why, but that's a long (and sometimes debated) discussion