Google: App Inventor

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
What did you put down for the last Question on the application?

What else would you like to share with the App Inventor for Android Team?

I replied with "I liked to eat raw fishsticks when I was a kid".

Figured if the didn't select me they would at least get a laugh out of it :icon_ lala:

Panamakevin

Reaction score
What did you put down for the last Question on the application?

What else would you like to share with the App Inventor for Android Team?

I replied with "I liked to eat raw fishsticks when I was a kid".

Figured if the didn't select me they would at least get a laugh out of it :icon_ lala:

is that like sushi for kids? heh heh

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i got mine a few days back...havent played it either. timing cant be any worst. LOL my email begin with an "R"

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I received mine yesterday as well and my email starts with 'R'.
OK, *sigh* of relief. It must be gmail ownership time then. Seems fair enough. :) Surely that's a good approximation of RANDOM!

-Matt

Taboot

Reaction score
I got it a few days ago. It's pretty cool. I've made a few inane apps with it to get the basic hang of it. I made this goofy one:

thejudge.jpg

When you press the green button, it plays a sound like a "correct answer" ding from a game show.

When you press the red button, it vibrates the phone and plays a buzzer sound.

I want to attempt a G-Meter type app eventually.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I got it a few days ago. It's pretty cool. I've made a few inane apps with it to get the basic hang of it. I made this goofy one:

thejudge.jpg

When you press the green button, it plays a sound like a "correct answer" ding from a game show.

That would be fun for anyone who plays games (obviously).
Maybe have kids learning something, play against each other. Teacher?

eliassami5

Reaction score
i got it a week ago and thought it wouldent be that hard but when i actually got down to making my own apps..its pretty damn hard and confusing. The tutorials were straight forward and easy to follow except for the end of the wack a mole, i couldn't finish that one. Ive stopped messing with it for now but will probably get into it later when i can figure out how to get app inventor to open the camera app. I even followed google's instructions but that still didnt work.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ive stopped messing with it for now but will probably get into it later when i can figure out how to get app inventor to open the camera app. I even followed google's instructions but that still didnt work.
I think I've already posted a link to the David Pogue review elsewhere, but:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/t...pogue.html?scp=1&sq=pogue app inventor&st=cse

OK, Pogue is a bit of an Apple-fan(atic) but he raises several good points, some of them critical:

Unfortunately, the experience is maddening.

Now, I hasten to admit that a huge part of the frustration isn’t Google’s fault. It’s just typical beta-period glitchiness, and I was warned.

For example, the tutorial steps are sometimes out of date (they still say that the app misreports what’s going on with the phone’s tilt sensor). Some features just aren’t finished (in the tutorial drawing app, there’s not yet a way to change the line thickness). There are some core limitations (an app can have only a single screen).
He leaves the impression that it's been rushed to market (no pun intended) and that some serious follow-up work is needed.

-Matt

pyro6128

Reaction score

thejudge.jpg

How big is that app? can you post the .apk?

Taboot

Reaction score

thejudge.jpg

How big is that app? can you post the .apk?

I'll try. I haven't done this before. Let me know if it works.

mjforte

Reaction score
I finally got my invite today! I'm excited! Going through the tutorials now.