Google Announces Google Edition Pure Android Samsung Galaxy S4

_33

Reaction score
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL SOME OTHER DAMN PROVIDER IN PHILADELPHIA MAKE IT SO THEIR NETWORK IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS VZW?

SHARED DATA?

NO UPGRADES FOR UNLIMITED?

NO DISCOUNT FOR REACHING 2 YEAR MARK... WE STILL PAY SUBSIDIZED PRICING!

NO AWESOME PHONES?

WHY OH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?

I'm OK now. Seems there is NEVER any good news for VZW customers! All we get is the shaft from every direction. i can't even leave because AT&T sucks here, T-Mobile doesn't work in my house, Sprint, well it's Sprint. Sprint started sucking here when they bought that other 2 way company. I don't know what they did, but it's bad here.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL SOME OTHER DAMN PROVIDER IN PHILADELPHIA MAKE IT SO THEIR NETWORK IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS VZW?

SHARED DATA?

NO UPGRADES FOR UNLIMITED?

NO DISCOUNT FOR REACHING 2 YEAR MARK... WE STILL PAY SUBSIDIZED PRICING!

NO AWESOME PHONES?

WHY OH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?

I'm OK now. Seems there is NEVER any good news for VZW customers! All we get is the shaft from every direction. i can't even leave because AT&T sucks here, T-Mobile doesn't work in my house, Sprint, well it's Sprint. Sprint started sucking here when they bought that other 2 way company. I don't know what they did, but it's bad here.
These are the reason you mentioned above is the reason Verizon can do what they are doing, and they know it, they know they have the largest and most reliable network in the US, and they are squeezing out as much as they can from each subscriber, until these other providers step up their game, Verizon will squeeze us even more, it's because they know they can.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I happen to know that in the NYC area the service is rock solid. Anywhere else though, and it's up for debate.

Compared to VZW TMO is at best OK in Manhattan. To be fair I'll say, TMO has OK coverage overall but lots of drop zones where you'll be fine on one street and on the next you'll break up or drop. If you travel across the bridge into Brooklyn you'd better give the party on the line a heads up because that call isn't going to make the trip.

I hate what VZW is doing but head to head their network is pretty damned good. If you're planning on making the switch you'd better understand that you're leaving a crappy company with great coverage to a company that's gonna have some network issues.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Compared to VZW TMO is at best OK in Manhattan. To be fair I'll say, TMO has OK coverage overall but lots of drop zones where you'll be fine on one street and on the next you'll break up or drop. If you travel across the bridge into Brooklyn you'd better give the party on the line a heads up because that call isn't going to make the trip.

I hate what VZW is doing but head to head their network is pretty damned good. If you're planning on making the switch you'd better understand that you're leaving a crappy company with great coverage to a company that's gonna have some network issues.

Not leaving anytime soon, happy with my Rooted S3, running CM 10.1/4.2.2 JB, smooth as butter. I still have unlimited, when they take that away from me, is when I will leave, unless of course they change their pricing structure, or one of these other carriers offer a better service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I have just over a year left with AT&T and am going to look into TMobile. I need to check to see how their service is in my area. I'll be happy with their HSPA+ network if its comparable to AT&Ts. I get about 10-12 both ways on AT&Ts H+ network. My wife's contract is just about up with Verizon so she may go there first and when I'm up I'll join her.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have just over a year left with AT&T and am going to look into TMobile. I need to check to see how their service is in my area. I'll be happy with their HSPA+ network if its comparable to AT&Ts. I get about 10-12 both ways on AT&Ts H+ network. My wife's contract is just about up with Verizon so she may go there first and when I'm up I'll join her.

Hopefully a year from now T-Mobile will have improved service and LTE speeds, and maybe carriers like Verizon and AT&T will change their pricing structure, but I doubt that very much, greed has taken over for pretty much all these big corporations, and I don't see an end in sight, Verizon actually thinks their customers are happy with those ridiculous share all your money with us plans.

donzz

Reaction score
I would love it but the only carrier within 100 miles of me with 4G is VZW.

2385amh

Reaction score
Well this is the kind of thing that just cost Verizon my 9 line family plan. We all jumped to Tmo and set up two family plans. (limited to 5 persons) 8 of us bought GS4 and one bought the HTC one. All and all the move has been great, the bill is way less money and the service here in California is about the same.

Can a developer use this stock android software made exactly for the s4 hardware and make a pure rom that also gets nexus like OTA updates?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well this is the kind of thing that just cost Verizon my 9 line family plan. We all jumped to Tmo and set up two family plans. (limited to 5 persons) 8 of us bought GS4 and one bought the HTC one. All and all the move has been great, the bill is way less money and the service here in California is about the same.

Can a developer use this stock android software made exactly for the s4 hardware and make a pure rom that also gets nexus like OTA updates?

What happened, there is no TV in your house, lol. By the way who is that black sheep that chose the HTC One, hehe.

Last edited:

2385amh

Reaction score
What happened, there is no TV in your house, lol. By the way who is that black sheep that chose the HTC One, hehe.

Haha no we aren't an actual family. It's me and my wife and two other couples plus some of our parents. But of course my crazy wife was the black sheep that lost her mind for that metal body lol. But after about two weeks now she is actually liking the s4 more and more.

Last edited:

ruvy01

Reaction score
im already a step ahead of you. My account is already closed. It i is going to be even harder to get me to go back to vzw with all the moves t-mo is making plus all the gsm/lte unlocked devices showing up on google play.

left verizon last week for tmo... loving it. network in my area is as good sometimes even faster than vzw lte!

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Haha no we aren't an actual family. It's me and my wife and two other couples plus some of our parents. But of course my crazy wife was the black sheep that lost her mind for that metal body lol. But after about two weeks now she is actually liking the s4 more and more.

Lol, after seeing the HTC One in that stealth black color... Think I might have to jump to get that and then just load a CM rom.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

The HTC One is a nice phone, not a bad choice. Actually a great choice, be it does not have SD card support or removable battery. I have owned a few HTC devices before they went this route, they do make nice phones. How did you do a family plan with members of separate households, is that aloud. Any way to get a good deal I see.

2385amh

Reaction score
The HTC One is a nice phone, not a bad choice. Actually a great choice, be it does not have SD card support or removable battery. I have owned a few HTC devices before they went this route, they do make nice phones. How did you do a family plan with members of separate households, is that aloud. Any way to get a good deal I see.

I actually always thought that you had to be an actual family to use the family plan too, but apparently not. We didn't even lie to Verizon or T-mobile. Neither company seems to care if you are a family or not.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I used to have non family members on a family plan. Theres no way for them to check. I went in and got the phone and added it to my account. No issue.